Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship game on ESPNU again this season.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship game on ESPNU again this season.

http://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query

So the title game is on the U again. Guess I have over a month to find a venue that will be showing the game, because I'm damn sure not going to upgrade my cable package for one game. Wonder what brought about this change? I was under the impression that the game got respectable viewer numbers on ESPN2. Guess not.

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

So the title game is on the U again. Guess I have over a month to find a venue that will be showing the game, because I'm damn sure not going to upgrade my cable package for one game. Wonder what brought about this change? I was under the impression that the game got respectable viewer numbers on ESPN2. Guess not.
    From what I understand it's mostly about time slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

From what I understand it's mostly about time slot.
      I'll be moderately pissed if a D1 mid major basketball game ends up being scheduled for that time on ESPN2.

Comment

I'll be moderately pissed if a D1 mid major basketball game ends up being scheduled for that time on ESPN2.
        No doubt.

That's why there were 11am EST kickoffs in the past....to get the game on ESPN2 rather than ESPNU. It's a miserable experience for the participants, in my opinion. My favorite have always started in the daylight and ended under the lights.

Comment

You can very likely find a free stream online, through reddit or sportsurge.

Comment

The link you provided indicates a DI-AA/FCS semifinal will be televised on ESPN2 at 2 PM ET and the D2 championship game will be broadcast on ESPNU at 3 PM ET.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

The link you provided indicates a DI-AA/FCS semifinal will be televised on ESPN2 at 2 PM ET and the D2 championship game will be broadcast on ESPNU at 3 PM ET.
              Damn... that's just dumb. Of course, maybe there aren't that many viewers for the D2 champ? Still, just start it later. (I guess there are 2 FCS games on Saturday.. ok, then how about a triple header?) That's typically a slow Sports day anyway.
              Last edited by Redwing; 11-10-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

Both FCS semifinal games are on Saturday this year. One of the games has been on Friday night for quite a few years prior to this.

SN: the FCS championship game is on ABC

Comment

CBS=Turner=NCAA main rights holder/media partner. That's why the basketball game is on CBS.

Comment

I can tell you it won't be the mid-major out of Spokane. Gonzaga is playing EWU likely on Roots Sports for that game. ESPN has them hosting UNC.... on ESPN2 three days earlier though.

Comment

CBS=Turner=NCAA main rights holder/media partner. That's why the basketball game is on CBS.
                        Makes sense now

Comment

wouldn't stop them from putting it on TruTv, TNT, CBSsports, or something though. They have other networks besides the flagship. They obviously see a value or they wouldn't take flagship time...which to me is the heart of the question posed by NWFanatic

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post

wouldn't stop them from putting it on TruTv, TNT, CBSsports, or something though. They have other networks besides the flagship. They obviously see a value or they wouldn't take flagship time...which to me is the heart of the question posed by NWFanatic
                            Because they play it early before the D1 games start.

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post

I suspect part of it is that the NCAA owns the basketball tournament, which is behind only the NFL and NBA in terms of the value of broadcast rights, so they have more influence in that sport. They can make that part of the bid package - if you want to air March Madness, you've got to air these other games on your flagship network. Since the NCAA doesn't have a football championship, they don't have that hammer. I don't know that for a fact, but it's an explanation that makes sense to me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X