3 Colo. Sch. of Mines 10-0 10-0
    4 Colorado St.-Pueblo 9-1 9-1
    5 Augustana (SD) 8-2 8-2
    6 Tex. A&M-Commerce 7-2 7-2
    7 Angelo St. 8-2 8-2
    8 Sioux Falls 7-3 7-3
    9 Winona St. 7-3 7-3
    10 Dixie St. 7-3 7-3

Oh God. UCM is going to beat NWMS, jump over Ferris for #1 in SR3, and GV is going to move up to #7 and have to go play at Ferris again. lol
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      Oh God. UCM is going to beat NWMS, jump over Ferris for #1 in SR3, and GV is going to move up to #7 and have to go play at Ferris again. lol
      I'll take it! A number of games that can impact..or GV may get sent to SR1.

Comment

Not going to happen. Even if UCM wins the Committee will do what it has to do to avoid first round rematches unless it requires more than one flight per region per round. I say Ferris stays at one seed no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
          Not going to happen. Even if UCM wins the Committee will do what it has to do to avoid first round rematches unless it requires more than one flight per region per round. I say Ferris stays at one seed no matter what.
          One reason that they drop is that they play one less game. But they have a better SOS (Though I don't think the comm. uses it like other regions due to silo schedules.) Gotta think they are locked in at 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

One reason that they drop is that they play one less game. But they have a better SOS (Though I don't think the comm. uses it like other regions due to silo schedules.) Gotta think they are locked in at 1.

Comment

If that's the case UCM should be 1 this week. How does next week get them to jump? Wins over "rr" teams.. .What the hell is that? Honestly, I think it goes either way.

Comment

Here's a random question that Brandon or someone might know. If the season ended today, two teams would be in the playoffs via earned access (Tiffin and Albany State). What is the highest number of teams that have made the playoffs via earned access in a single year?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

If that's the case UCM should be 1 this week. How does next week get them to jump? Wins over "rr" teams.. .What the hell is that? Honestly, I think it goes either way.

Comment

I was talking about your second point in our chat last night.

Wins and losses over regionally ranked teams are bogus criteria (minus a flip on head-to-head results). It's a circular argument. It's justifying one decision based upon another.

Plus, I gave the example of the following (numerals are simply to indicate number of teams, not their rankings):

1. Team A 11-0
                    2. Team B 11-0
                    3. Team C 11-0
                    4. Team D 10-1
                    5. Team E 10-1
                    6. Team F 9-2
                    7. Team G 9-2
                    8. Team H 9-2
                    9. Team I 9-2
                    10. Team J 9-2
                    11. Team K 9-2
                    12. Team L 9-2

For ease, line them up exactly how they're displayed on the regional rankings. So teams K and L are unranked. But, K had beaten J previously. They flip. Now K is regionally ranked and J is not. An unnamed team would have gotten credit for beating a regionally ranked team with a 9-2 record, but now they're not getting credit for beating a 9-2 team because a different 9-2 team happened to beat them head to head.

I would post more but I'm tired.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                      Here's a random question that Brandon or someone might know. If the season ended today, two teams would be in the playoffs via earned access (Tiffin and Albany State). What is the highest number of teams that have made the playoffs via earned access in a single year?
                      I do not know the answer. I seem to recall SR2 having two in a single year but I honestly don't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I do not know the answer. I seem to recall SR2 having two in a single year but I honestly don't remember.

Comment

Yep. The CIAA and SIAC both got EA that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I was talking about your second point in our chat last night.

Wins and losses over regionally ranked teams are bogus criteria (minus a flip on head-to-head results). It's a circular argument. It's justifying one decision based upon another.

Plus, I gave the example of the following (numerals are simply to indicate number of teams, not their rankings):

1. Team A 11-0
                            2. Team B 11-0
                            3. Team C 11-0
                            4. Team D 10-1
                            5. Team E 10-1
                            6. Team F 9-2
                            7. Team G 9-2
                            8. Team H 9-2
                            9. Team I 9-2
                            10. Team J 9-2
                            11. Team K 9-2
                            12. Team L 9-2

For ease, line them up exactly how they're displayed on the regional rankings. So teams K and L are unranked. But, K had beaten J previously. They flip. Now K is regionally ranked and J is not. An unnamed team would have gotten credit for beating a regionally ranked team with a 9-2 record, but now they're not getting credit for beating a 9-2 team because a different 9-2 team happened to beat them head to head.

I would post more but I'm tired.

Comment

CWU will end up 7-3 for PO purposes. Not their best but hardly a letdown.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X