Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

Yep. The CIAA and SIAC both got EA that year.
    And both those teams got embarrassed. That 2007 CN team was better than the 2009 semifinalist

Comment

Consider this in SR2:

Imagine if you would that this was the final regional rankings. We would finally have an HBCU conference get two straight-up legit playoff teams and then one of them gets bumped via earned access.

Comment

If an extra win is huge, then why does Tarleton continue to be ranked 1 and Mankato 2....when their SOS is .537 to .534 respectively.....but Tarleton is 8-0 in D2..and MSU is 10-0 in D2? MSU is 3-0 against RR opp, TSU is 2-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
          Consider this in SR2:

Imagine if you would that this was the final regional rankings. We would finally have an HBCU conference get two straight-up legit playoff teams and then one of them gets bumped via earned access.
          Yea it would suck. The CIAA should have had two teams in last year, with Virginia Union being the second team (8-2). Their only losses were to 9-1 Bowie State and Carson Newman (7-4).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

If an extra win is huge, then why does Tarleton continue to be ranked 1 and Mankato 2....when their SOS is .537 to .534 respectively.....but Tarleton is 8-0 in D2..and MSU is 10-0 in D2? MSU is 3-0 against RR opp, TSU is 2-0.
            Different region? SR3 has half the conf. with silo schedules. I'm not sure how the comm. is handling SOS... if at all.

Comment

Is it that quantity only matters in that you need to play or win a certain amount, from there they only look at averages and other criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                Consider this in SR2:

Comment

They lost more games than Virginia State. I think a 3 loss team should be ranked below a 2 loss team regardless of opponents played, to be honest. Virginia State lost to 10-0 Bowie State and a FCS team. They only have one division II loss. If I was them, I'd schedule a week 11 game, just to make sure they aren't hosed like Virginia Union was last year

Comment

MSU will end up the season at .500. I think it is a bit of a statement on Silo Schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post

They lost more games than Virginia State. I think a 3 loss team should be ranked below a 2 loss team regardless of opponents played, to be honest. Virginia State lost to 10-0 Bowie State and a FCS team. They only have one division II loss. If I was them, I'd schedule a week 11 game, just to make sure they aren't hosed like Virginia Union was last year
                      Not playing this week may be their best bet, their only hope of avoiding the EA ax is to jump West Florida and the only way that happens is if WF loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

MSU will end up the season at .500. I think it is a bit of a statement on Silo Schedule.
                        Absolutely false.

They will end around .510. The NSIC doesn't all play each other, etc.....it's not like the GAC and MIAA.

Comment

in sr4 tamc is ranked #6(23 polls) while Angelo was #5. Angelo lost so how in the h3ll did an unranked in either polls Augustana leap over TAMC to #5

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post

Comment

Comment

If Albany State is in via Earned Access, they have to play a #2 seed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X