Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    If Albany State is in via Earned Access, they have to play a #2 seed.
    Does that new rule about mileage come into play at all? I don't know either way, but I thought they just throw in all the 5-7 seeds in a pot and then assign by miles. Not sure how that works this year.??????

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Does that new rule about mileage come into play at all? I don't know either way, but I thought they just throw in all the 5-7 seeds in a pot and then assign by miles. Not sure how that works this year.??????
      The manual states that a team in by Earned Access has to play the #2 seed in their region, unless flights can be saved by sending them to a #2 in a different region.

Comment

I'm not making any claim that Albany State would have a better resume. I'm simply pointing out the irony of the rule. Virginia State is in CIAA as is Bowie State. They are the lowest ranked team from a conference with multiple representatives and they are the team that would get bumped via earned access.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
          Consider this in SR2:

Imagine if you would that this was the final regional rankings. We would finally have an HBCU conference get two straight-up legit playoff teams and then one of them gets bumped via earned access.
          Very true. I have to say that the Virginia State fanbase on this board is well aware of the possibility. I doubt they will whine about it if the get bumped due to EA.

Comment

Albany has 3 Division II losses. Virginia State has only 1 Division II loss. That makes a huge difference. FCS wins and losses don't count. Savannah transitioning from Division I doesn't matter. Savannah's resume this season is all that impacts anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Absolutely false.

They will end around .510. The NSIC doesn't all play each other, etc.....it's not like the GAC and MIAA.
              My mistake. NSIC plays the falsetto silo schedule. I forgot that part.....

Kind of a gimmicky SOS!

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                Oh God. UCM is going to beat NWMS, jump over Ferris for #1 in SR3, and GV is going to move up to #7 and have to go play at Ferris again. lol
                Put the crack pipe down

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

CWU will end up 7-3 for PO purposes. Not their best but hardly a letdown.
                  Last edited by catbacker07; 11-12-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

If an extra win is huge, then why does Tarleton continue to be ranked 1 and Mankato 2....when their SOS is .537 to .534 respectively.....but Tarleton is 8-0 in D2..and MSU is 10-0 in D2? MSU is 3-0 against RR opp, TSU is 2-0.
                    You know we have different rules in SR3. The other regions actually make mathematical sense, and in those regions 8-0 and 10-0 is the same thing. Usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Different region? SR3 has half the conf. with silo schedules. I'm not sure how the comm. is handling SOS... if at all.
                      This.

Comment

Is that one of the selection criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Is that one of the selection criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

You know we have different rules in SR3. The other regions actually make mathematical sense, and in those regions 8-0 and 10-0 is the same thing. Usually.
                            Yep, especially using "best win." However, they do appear to be using the W/L + SOS as a basis this year and then go from there--at least for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

Very true. I have to say that the Virginia State fanbase on this board is well aware of the possibility. I doubt they will whine about it if the get bumped due to EA.
                              The Valdosta State folks are still mad enough about getting bumped in 2006 to average out enough anger for both programs.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Put the crack pipe down
                                Excuse me?
                                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X