Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how did the committee do?

Are the brackets fair? Who are the last outs and was their snub justified? Are the selections and parings simple math or did some thought go into it? Are there any obvious errors, omissions or miscalculations?

The Harding Bisons were robbed. Should been the 4th seed hosting UIndy or CM.

Comment

Comment

What I meant to say is the new bracketing rule seems to be that each conference is allowed to host only one first round game.

Comment

Comment

It would be interesting to know how they ultimately made the decision to give UCM a home game over Harding or Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post
              It would be interesting to know how they ultimately made the decision to give UCM a home game over Harding or Indy.
              They just pick and choose when and where to apply random criteria in our region. Which i guess is partially the MIAA and GAC's fault. But it's just not consistent. I hate it. Let's play non con. I know that's a dead horse

Comment

In Sr4, 3 loss USF somehow jumped 2 loss Commerce in the final rankings. It's like they decided to keep all teams in region by juggling final rankings to avoid possible flights instead of juggling 5-7 finishers between regions to avoid flights regardless of final ranking.

Comment

VA State was a victim of the EA rule, which is tough when your only D2 loss was to undefeated Bowie State by 10.

I feel for that team because they were off this week so they really had to sit there for a full week not knowing their fate.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                    VA State was a victim of the EA rule, which is tough when your only D2 loss was to undefeated Bowie State by 10.

I feel for that team because they were off this week so they really had to sit there for a full week not knowing their fate.
                    That does suck.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                      In Sr4, 3 loss USF somehow jumped 2 loss Commerce in the final rankings. It's like they decided to keep all teams in region by juggling final rankings to avoid possible flights instead of juggling 5-7 finishers between regions to avoid flights regardless of final ranking.
                      I'm pretty sure the order in the actual rankings is 5 Commerce, 6 Augustana, 7 Sioux Falls.

Comment

It really looks like they'll do everything they can to avoid shuffling the regions.

Comment

When was the last time only one GSC team got in? Has to be prior to the 2004 expansion....

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Having only 9 DII games hurt them a great deal.

Comment

I'm assuming the final rankings were as follows:

Here's my projected bracket for if the rankings turn out like this:

The only difference from what I projected is UCM and Harding. With these seeds, all of the committee's matchup decisions make perfect sense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X