Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
      Did the PSAC get five teams in or am I mistaken? If so, is this normal?
      Yes, they got five in. No, that is not normal. The Northeast 10 was down big-time this season (I think PSAC won six of seven from them OOC) and didn't get anyone in. Didn't help us at Shippensburg this year as we drew tough crossover games from the PSAC West and ended up playing PSAC champ Slippery Rock which finished up 11-0, two 10-1 teams in Kutztown and Indiana, and two 9-2 teams, Shepherd and West Chester. It's not every year you play five Division II playoff teams in the regular season and that, combined with a green defense, brought our eight-year streak of winning seasons to a screeching halt.

Comment

So how many flights are there going to be in the first round? I know about the two SD to CO plane trips, any others? I know the NCAA is trying to keep them down as much as possible.

Comment

We got two in, West Florida is the second. This is actually normal for the GSC as we cannibalize each other to the SAC's benefit every now and then.
          Hey now, the 3rd best team in the SAC beat the second best team in the GSC at their place this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'm pretty sure the order in the actual rankings is 5 Commerce, 6 Augustana, 7 Sioux Falls.
            That makes 0 sense.... the NCAA makes enough money off the D1 tourney, the cost of those flights are miniscule. Heck I would rather they seed teams based on performance and have them bus everywhere. sheesh.
            Last edited by Boohaha; 11-18-2019, 04:25 AM.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yes, they got five in. No, that is not normal. The Northeast 10 was down big-time this season (I think PSAC won six of seven from them OOC) and didn't get anyone in. Didn't help us at Shippensburg this year as we drew tough crossover games from the PSAC West and ended up playing PSAC champ Slippery Rock which finished up 11-0, two 10-1 teams in Kutztown and Indiana, and two 9-2 teams, Shepherd and West Chester. It's not every year you play five Division II playoff teams in the regular season and that, combined with a green defense, brought our eight-year streak of winning seasons to a screeching halt.
              Yup. In addition, the MEC and GMAC self-cannibalized just enough that they only got one team in each, and ODU playing a small slate gave WCU the leg up. If ODU had a full schedule and was 9-2, I could see them getting the nod over WCU.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

My favorite in KC was Joe's hands down. I had AB, JS, and one other forgettable one.

I'd put STL's Sugar Fire up there with Joe's. Very close. Salt and smoke in STL is also very good.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the info! Next time I'm over there, I'll check out Ic's!

And... respectfully disagree on Sugar fire ;)
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

Did the PSAC get five teams in or am I mistaken? If so, is this normal?
                    The NE-10's top team, New Haven, was 7-3, with four teams finishing at 6-4.

Notre Dame (Ohio), the MEC champions, were the only team in that conference with one or fewer losses (10-1) with Charleston at 8-3 (Frostburg State also finished at 8-3, but they're not playoff eligible because of their transition from D3).

Tiffin was the only one-loss team from the GMAC at 9-1.

The PSAC had undefeated conference champion Slippery Rock (11-0), two 10-1 teams (Kutztown, IUP) and two 9-2 teams (Shepherd and West Chester).

It was similar to last year in the PSAC, where you had three or four playoff teams and the rest of the league was mediocre or worse. Also remember that Shepherd replaced perennial PSAC doormat Cheyney starting this season. But five teams from one conference making the playoffs? That does seem rare.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

LC's is the truth, and Brobeck's is underrated.

Comment

Harding got totally bamboozled. They went 10 - 1 .. losing only Ouachita, 16-14.
                        don't understand why they are staying home.

https://hardingsports.com/sports/football/schedule/2019
                        <>

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

The NE-10's top team, New Haven, was 7-3, with four teams finishing at 6-4.

Notre Dame (Ohio), the MEC champions, were the only team in that conference with one or fewer losses (10-1) with Charleston at 8-3 (Frostburg State also finished at 8-3, but they're not playoff eligible because of their transition from D3).

Tiffin was the only one-loss team from the GMAC at 9-1.

The PSAC had undefeated conference champion Slippery Rock (11-0), two 10-1 teams (Kutztown, IUP) and two 9-2 teams (Shepherd and West Chester).

It was similar to last year in the PSAC, where you had three or four playoff teams and the rest of the league was mediocre or worse. Also remember that Shepherd replaced perennial PSAC doormat Cheyney starting this season. But five teams from one conference making the playoffs? That does seem rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                            Harding got totally bamboozled. They went 10 - 1 .. losing only Ouachita, 16-14.
                            don't understand why they are staying home.

https://hardingsports.com/sports/football/schedule/2019
                            They aren't staying home - they are at Northwest next week?

Unless you're wondering why they didn't get a home game, in which case six of the seven teams in the region had one loss or fewer, so it was inevitable that a couple of teams with really good records would be on the road in the first round.

Comment

Now that I take a step back and look at all SR brackets I think I see what Committee was trying to accomplish. They are trying to maximize the gate in every match up and potential mat chip even if it means messing with seedlings.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                                Now that I take a step back and look at all SR brackets I think I see what Committee was trying to accomplish. They are trying to maximize the gate in every match up and potential mat chip even if it means messing with seedlings.
                                So why wouldn't Mines play Pueblo and Augustana play Sioux Falls if this is the case?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X