I vote for Danny Woodhead.

Comment

Re: Harlon Hill...Finalists Named

Originally posted by BearMan View Post
      He's the favorite to be sure.

Comment

This could be the year a defensive player wins, Jones had a monster year.

Comment

Originally posted by BearMan View Post
          Nah, FINALLY justice will be done . . . Xavier Omon will get what was rightly his in the senior for both of these gentlemen in their final 2007 season. Both amazing. Omon was denied what he deserved in that Harlon Hill voting that year. No question. Silly to say otherwise. And, in the 2007 quarterfinal game, NW blitzed Chadron St. and Omon had over 300 yards rushing and Woodhead only had 29 yards. Still, absolutely silly to say Woodhead was not an absolute phenomena that same season. Omon . . . first player in the history NCAA football at ALL levels to rush for at least 1500 yards in all four years of football. Two of the greats. Both in the same year. Crazy good.

Comment

I don't think he will win it, and nor should he, but if Jayru Campbell were to win the award it would be one of the great comeback stories in college football history. This is a player who is only playing at the D2 level because of completely self inflicted mistakes while in HS. He had a college scholarship lined up to Michigan State and left off the field behaviors ruin that opportunity. He took the long road back through the middle of nowhere to get back to playing meaningful football. I really hope he has truly turned his life around. I know this, if he ever does what he did before again his football career will be long gone. Time has largely forgiven Jayru this time. It won't happen again.

Comment

Who says Kansas is the middle of nowhere? :wink:

Comment

Should be Amir Hall.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I'm thinking the top 4 are something like this..

Jayru Campbell @ferrisathletics
                  Amir Hall @BowieState
                  Gabriel Watson @USFCooFootball
                  Rogan Wells @valdostastatefb

Wells doesn't have the tops-at-his-position kinda numbers as much as the others I have listed here (the 4 players)....but his team should be in the chip and he's their top offensive player..and been real good.

Watson has fantastic RB numbers but I think he will suffer from his team not playing in the postseason. Might have the best numbers of any player as the regular season ended.

I think that brings it down to Campbell and Hall. Campbell has scored the most of any player in D2 this year and has added to his passing totals by rushing for over 1,000 yards and 20 more scores there. Hall has the top passing numbers of any of the 9 finalists and was a finalist a year ago....so his name should be established with voters.

Those are the ones that I'd think are in the running....maybe the NDC RB also, as his team is still alive, but Watson has better numbers hth.

Comment

Just looked back through the history of the HH. Have been 32 awarded.
                    - QB - 16
                    - RB - 14
                    - WR - 1
                    - L-Backer - 1

Re: Rogan Wells - doesn't have the gaudy numbers, but we sure wouldn't be where we are without him. He makes it all click in our offense, which seems to run pretty effectively.

He has thrown for 32 TD's with only 4 INT's (our passing game is much about throwing the ball downfield, so gonna be hard to have a 70% completion percentage). Also has 656 yards rushing and has run for 11 more TD's.

Wells is a low key and humble guy. I imagine he's a lot more focused on this weeks game (and the opportunity to get to the next week) than he is the HH.

BTW, when the dust settles this Saturday we'll have had 3 HH finalists play down here in the last 3 weeks (Amir Hall, Jaleel McGlaughlin and Wells). That's pretty quality football.
                    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-03-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

It's a long video, but here's a story on Emporia State's Braxton Marstall:

Comment

Where has the Harlon Hill website gone?

Comment

Jaleel McLaughlin (RB). True Freshman!

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
                            Where has the Harlon Hill website gone?
                            They just launched a new one: http://harlonhillaward.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                              They just launched a new one: http://harlonhillaward.com/

Didn't know Rogan Wells, also plays for Sioux Falls.
                              <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X