• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The reason is the MIAA went silo.

Comment

Comment

You look at the GLIAC you have Ferris, Grand Valley, Ashland, Wayne State and even Saginaw forced to play each other every year and beat up on another. Wayne had a top 10 Strength of Schedule and got robbed this year.
          Ferris 10
          Wayne 8-3
          Ashland 7-4
          Grand Valley 8-3

Comment

FBS isn't PO's, not even close. PO's is NFL, FCS, D2, D3, NAIA. FBS is nothing more than the "Great Compromise" for a system that never determined a true champion and still doesn't. Imagine a "March Madness" in December and January for FBS level. It would be glorious!!!!
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

So FBS should have po just like d-2. That would be pretty crazy. I guess you could still use the bowl system some how.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                I took the results from 2004-2018. This the average versus the seed sorted by best average over seed.

To explain:

#2. Jaguars
                #7. Okra

- If the Jaguars beat the Okra, both receive 0. The seed was correct.

- If the Okra beat the Jaguars, they would receive +1. They would also receive +1 for every game they win that they weren't suppose to according to their seed.

- The #5, #6, and #7 seeds could receive a maximum of +3 points by winning the region.

- If the Okra beat the Jaguars, they would receive -2. That would be -1 for the game against the Okra that they lost plus -1 for the game that they failed to reach and win. They would not receive negative points for the next round, because they would have been expected to lose to the #1 seed.

- If there were no byes, the #1 seed would receive -3 for a first round loss. However, the most negative points they could receive is -2.

- If the #1 seed wins the region, they receive 0 points because that is the expectation.
                x
                Conf. Appear Points v. Seed # Over %
                GMAC 2 2 +1.0000 0 0.0%
                IND 5 3 +0.6000 1 5.0%
                MIAA 35 14 +0.4000 3 8.5%
                PSAC 46 7 +0.1521 13 28.2%
                GSC 41 6 +0.1463 13 31.7%
                GLIAC 36 5 +0.1388 12 33.3%
                NCC 11 1 +0.0909 4 36.3%
                LSC 34 1 +0.0294 8 23.5%
                SIAC 15 -1 -0.0666 4 26.6%
                GAC 11 -1 -0.0909 4 36.3%
                NSIC 28 -4 -0.1428 9 32.1%
                NE10 20 -3 -0.1500 6 30.0%
                SAC 23 -5 -0.2173 6 26.0%
                MEC 15 -4 -0.2431 6 40.0%
                RMAC 22 -5 -0.2272 9 40.9%
                CIAA 17 -8 -0.4705 6 35.2%
                GNAC 6 -3 -0.5000 2 33.3%
                GLVC 6 -4 -0.6666 3 50.0%

*OK I think it's complete*
                Bump

Brandon would you consider updating your analysis

Comment

I know we aren't D1 - but obviously they moved to the Power 5 conferences and then the others - Boise State and UCF were stuck in conferences with weaker teams in it and was easy for them to be 11-0 but wouldn't get ranked higher than 1 loss or 2 loss power 5 teams. Solution for them was to play power 5 teams in their non conference games to build their portfolio. I think if you can update this for the last 4 years

2019 - SR1 no#1 seed loses to SR4 no#1 seed in semifinals 58-15
                  2021 - SR1 no#1 seed loses to SR3 no#1 seed in semifinals 55-7
                  2022 - SR1 no#1 seed loses to SR4 no#2 seed in semifinals 44-13
                  2023 - SR1 no#1 Seed loses in regional semifinal

With having this regional set up - there are teams around other conferences that are losing spots - would a 2 loss team in SR3 be better than the no#1 seed in SR1 (Tiffin) - Would Davenport with 2 loses to the #2 and #3 team in country be better than a 11-0 Tiffin. If D3 can figure this out why can't D2?

Comment

I hate our SILO scheduling and wish it disqualified our teams from the playoffs. ADs would find a way to play games OOC real quick

Comment

I have not read through this thread, so forgive me if it has been answered, but can someone information me the meaning of silo scheduling and what applications it can have for playoffs? I haven't a clue but am interested as I generally find ways that conferences do their scheduling interesting as I consider myself somewhat of a nerd on these sorts of things.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                        I have not read through this thread, so forgive me if it has been answered, but can someone information me the meaning of silo scheduling and what applications it can have for playoffs? I haven't a clue but am interested as I generally find ways that conferences do their scheduling interesting as I consider myself somewhat of a nerd on these sorts of things.
                        Currently the GAC is the only silo conference. We have 12 teams playing 11 games that are all against conference opponents and 0 games against teams from any other conference. It started in 2015 and we have been wanting to get rid of it since 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Currently the GAC is the only silo conference. We have 12 teams playing 11 games that are all against conference opponents and 0 games against teams from any other conference. It started in 2015 and we have been wanting to get rid of it since 2016.
                          So basically the definition of silo scheduling is a schedule that consists only of conference games, so zero non-conference games.... is that all there is to it?

I can definitely see being not a fan of silo scheduling. Having non-conference opponents always adds intrigue to a team's schedule especially if getting the chance to play an opponent not seen in a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

So basically the definition of silo scheduling is a schedule that consists only of conference games, so zero non-conference games.... is that all there is to it?
                            Yes.
                            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

So. . . Being in a silo conference means their teams:
                              -Start play Weekend 0.
                              -Play 11 straight weekends
                              -Don't have bye weeks
                              -Play in the 28-team playoff.
                              -Make it (right now) to the Final 4 of the 28-team bracket.
                              -Create a jealousy atmosphere amongt non-silos. Kinda like an inferiority complex.
                              -Stay in D2 cuz if they wanted out-of-conference play they can go D1.

What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by WeBeBisons View Post
                                What did I miss?
                                The point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X