Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA should not displace another team, If anything take away the 1 seed's bye

Would it be unfair to a team that earned a bye if they had to host a team that got in via earned access rather than get the week off? I guess, but that has to be less unfair than a team being left out, don't you think?

Wut?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      Wut?
      Instead of the #1 seed getting a bye, they would play an #8 seeded EA team, thereby adding a team to the playoffs rather than pushing an otherwise-deserving #7 seed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

Instead of the #1 seed getting a bye, they would play an #8 seeded EA team, thereby adding a team to the playoffs rather than pushing an otherwise-deserving #7 seed out.
        Exactly

Comment

Changing the number of participants is not an easy process and would actually involve multiple sports over both genders.

Comment

What happens if no teams gets earned access in the region? Does the one seed then get a bye or dothe play the 8 seed?

EA can happen if a team finishes 9th. Do they then unseat an 8 seed?

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

What about the poor #9 team though? I was confused about the randomness of the thread I guess. What if there isn't an EA team? It's not all that common for a team to get in via EA so what then? All four #1 seeds would need an EA team to play against and that's never going to happen. Or are we just using the term EA for any #8 seeded team that was chosen?

Comment

I'm assuming you mean if there is an EA team the 1 seed loses its bye. I don't think thats fair, I do think we should have 8 teams in each reason and conference champs should get auto bids.

Comment

What about the poor #9 team though? I was confused about the randomness of the thread I guess. What if there isn't an EA team? It's not all that common for a team to get in via EA so what then? All four #1 seeds would need an EA team to play against and that's never going to happen. Or are we just using the term EA for any #8 seeded team that was chosen?
                  The idea is simply that if there is a EA qualifying team in a particular SR, that region's one seed hosts that team instead of getting a bye, everything else stays the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
                    I'm assuming you mean if there is an EA team the 1 seed loses its bye. I don't think thats fair, I do think we should have 8 teams in each reason and conference champs should get auto bids.
                    But isn't it more fair than leaving out an 8 seed that deserves to ne in?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

But isn't it more fair than leaving out an 8 seed that deserves to ne in?
                      No. If they deserved to be in they'd have done what was needed to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

The idea is simply that if there is a EA qualifying team in a particular SR, that region's one seed hosts that team instead of getting a bye, everything else stays the same.
                        So you make it unfair to the #1 seed that happens to have an EA team in their region while the rest get a week off? This isn't making much sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
                          So you give the GNAC champ an auto bid this year when they aren't in the top 8 in the region?

Comment

So you give the GNAC champ an auto bid this year when they aren't in the top 8 in the region?
                            The GNAC wouldn't have enough teams for an auto bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

The GNAC wouldn't have enough teams for an auto bid.
                              Fair, but a scenario where the conference champion is not in the top 7 or 8 from a numbers perspective is certainly possible. So then we leave out, say a 2 loss team, in favor of a 4 loss conference champion? It's a different solution with different potential problems really.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X