Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Florida knocks off #1

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

    My bad. I see what you meant now. I’d have to agree although I still think SRU wins the region.
    Good possibility for an upset at SLIMEY PEBBLE U. NDC running back, and HH nominee, JALEEL MCLAUGHLIN averages 168 yds and 2TDs per game and his team doesn't give up on him even when he seems to be having an off day. With the temp projected in the mid 30s and possible flurries, a consistent running game will give the FALCONS a puncher's chance against a solid all around SRU team that has exhibited a tendency to take their foot off the gas sometimes.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

      Good possibility for an upset at SLIMEY PEBBLE U. NDC running back, and HH nominee, JALEEL MCLAUGHLIN averages 168 yds and 2TDs per game and his team doesn't give up on him even when he seems to be having an off day. With the temp projected in the mid 30s and possible flurries, a consistent running game will give the FALCONS a puncher's chance against a solid all around SRU team that has exhibited a tendency to take their foot off the gas sometimes.
      No doubt NDC is a nightmare matchup for Rock. Great defense and all-world RB is a great combo, especially if the rest of the offense is firing.

      Comment


      • #33
        Something to be said of PO experience too, and NDC won the region last year.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

          No doubt NDC is a nightmare matchup for Rock. Great defense and all-world RB is a great combo, especially if the rest of the offense is firing.
          NDC truly doesn't have much offense after the run. 551 rush attempts vs 299 pass. 5.7 yds per rush vs 7.23 per pass. 40 rush TDs vs 18 pass. And they only give up 2.6 yds per rush so I'm guessing that SRU will come out throwing.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post
            Something to be said of PO experience too, and NDC won the region last year.
            And they beat Rock to win it! Granted this is a very different team from last year, knowing you've beaten them before has gotta help.

            Comment


            • #36
              Figured out how to calculate SOS numbers. Here's how it stands right now:

              Team W% SOS
              Ferris State 1.000 .580
              Slippery Rock 1.000 .549
              Lenoir–Rhyne 1.000 .545
              Minnesota State 1.000 .535
              Notre Dame .923 .561
              Northwest Missouri State .923 .548
              Texas A&M Commerce .833 .626
              West Florida .818 .622

              Comment


              • #37
                Are bowl game results taken into account when evaluating SOS for semifinalists?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                  Are bowl game results taken into account when evaluating SOS for semifinalists?
                  I would assume so.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Ferris State 1.000 W%, .606 SOS
                    Slippery Rock 1.000 W%, .576 SOS
                    Minnesota State 1.000 W%, .555 SOS
                    West Florida .833 W%, .649 SOS

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                      Ferris State 1.000 W%, .606 SOS
                      Slippery Rock 1.000 W%, .576 SOS
                      Minnesota State 1.000 W%, .555 SOS
                      West Florida .833 W%, .649 SOS
                      WF and MINN. ST. traveling? not what I would've expected.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        Ferris State 1.000 W%, .606 SOS
                        Slippery Rock 1.000 W%, .576 SOS
                        Minnesota State 1.000 W%, .555 SOS
                        West Florida .833 W%, .649 SOS
                        Darn crookston and mary

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

                          Darn crookston and mary
                          If it's any consolation, I think you guys beat SRU in the semis. they've let teams hang around in the 4th and it very nearly bit them today.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

                            If it's any consolation, I think you guys beat SRU in the semis. they've let teams hang around in the 4th and it very nearly bit them today.
                            Man I hope you're right, but no taking anyone for granted especially this deep in playoffs

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

                              Man I hope you're right, but no taking anyone for granted especially this deep in playoffs
                              I don't think this one is close, Mavs roll.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

                                I don't think this one is close, Mavs roll.
                                I wouldn't discount Rock that quickly. NDC had a good defense coming in and they got lit up. I think MSU's defense is better than NDC's, But Rock's offense can score with with the best of them.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X