• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Semifinals

4. West Florida @ 1. Ferris State

3. Minnesota State-Mankato @ 2. Slippery Rock

Should be good games

Last edited by CALUPA69; 12-07-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Probably won't be a huge contingent make that road trip to Big Rapids, but there will be some Argo fans in the house. Not too worried about weather as long as it's not extreme. Remember, Argos went to IUP in 2017 for the semis, and it was 30 degrees or so -- won 27-17. Not saying weather will never be an issue, but cold temps are just another bump in the road for these road warriors, and they live for the challenge. I expect a good game.

Comment

IMO, MSU-Mankato should be hosting Slippery Rock. And I say that as someone who roots for a trio of PSAC teams and would like to see the conference do well in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
          IMO, MSU-Mankato should be hosting Slippery Rock. And I say that as someone who roots for a trio of PSAC teams and would like to see the conference do well in the playoffs.
          Our conference hurt us again on this one. Oh well, just glad to move on. Should be a good weekend of football!

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post
            Probably won't be a huge contingent make that road trip to Big Rapids, but there will be some Argo fans in the house. Not too worried about weather as long as it's not extreme. Remember, Argos went to IUP in 2017 for the semis, and it was 30 degrees or so -- won 27-17. Not saying weather will never be an issue, but cold temps are just another bump in the road for these road warriors, and they live for the challenge. I expect a good game.
            I'm about to be extremely midwestern, but 30 degrees doesn't tell us much. It was 33 at kickoff today but felt like low 20's due to clouds and wind.

Comment

My point was that temperature didn't affect the Argos the last time it presented as a potential issue - unless its extreme, they have played in freezing temps before and won. Should be the same this year as the weather should be around freezing with the threat of snow showers.

Comment

My point was that temperature didn't affect the Argos the last time it presented as a potential issue - unless its extreme, they have played in freezing temps before and won. Should be the same this year as the weather should be around freezing with the threat of snow showers.
                I'm not convinced the weather will be an issue either. It'll be cold for people coming from Fl. but not as cold as it could be. It should still be a great matchup though, from what I've been hearing about your lines.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Our conference hurt us again on this one. Oh well, just glad to move on. Should be a good weekend of football!
                  Apparently the PSAC having a title game bumped up Slimey Pebble's SOS enough to edge you out of the 2 seed.

Comment

It was also sunny that day and not that windy so it wasn't really that harsh.

30 degrees in sunshine and no wind is not cold at all.

Comment

This years team hasn't played in anything like this. Since the '17 game at IUP, the ARGOS have played 24 games none further north than NC. It may not mean a thing but playing in mid Michigan, 50 miles from a pretty iced Lake Michigan can have an effect. We'll know more later this week
                      Last edited by CALUPA69; 12-08-2019, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        This years team hasn't played in anything like this. Since the '18 game at IUP, the ARGOS have played 24 games none further north than NC. It may not mean a thing but playing in mid Michigan, 50 miles from a pretty iced Lake Michigan can have an effect. We'll know more later this week
                        Right now the weather looks similar to yesterday. Above freezing, cloudy, windy, pretty high chance of snow though.

Comment

A Florida beach school heading all the way up to Michigan in December for the chance to play for it all. You gotta love it!
                          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                            A Florida beach school heading all the way up to Michigan in December for the chance to play for it all. You gotta love it!
                            Underrated aspect of the lower division playoffs. You've gotta play well in all conditions to win a title because the system isn't based on giving players a christmas vacation for playing well in the regular season.

Comment

Argos will have played in sweltering humid heat of coastal south, torrential tropical storm rain, perfect cool fall weather and now cold, northern winter snow through course of season. True test of championship playoff football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X