Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
    Argos will have played in sweltering humid heat of coastal south, torrential tropical storm rain, perfect cool fall weather and now cold, northern winter snow through course of season. True test of championship playoff football.
    Ya love to see it

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
      IMO, MSU-Mankato should be hosting Slippery Rock. And I say that as someone who roots for a trio of PSAC teams and would like to see the conference do well in the playoffs.
      Silo teams should always travel. Even if they are undefeated and had an entire SEC team transfer in. :)

Comment

The Rock is going to get rolled by Mankato if they don't play some defense. Mankato is going to control the ball and force the Rock to score every possession. They basically did that last weekend against a porous defense. They will not see that this weekend against the Mavs.

As for the other semi, the Argos better be ready as they are going to be introduced to a northern style smash mouth offense and a stout defense. Being cold won't matter if you know what's coming and it keeps coming and coming and coming. The last two weeks they have been dominate in the second half by wearing down the opponent with a relentless rushing attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Silo teams should always travel. Even if they are undefeated and had an entire SEC team transfer in. :)
          Mankato has definitely done everything they could to host. Beat all-comers (some were bad, but they can't control that) and won both of their playoff games thus far

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
            The Rock is going to get rolled by Mankato if they don't play some defense. Mankato is going to control the ball and force the Rock to score every possession. They basically did that last weekend against a porous defense. They will not see that this weekend against the Mavs.

As for the other semi, the Argos better be ready as they are going to be introduced to a northern style smash mouth offense and a stout defense. Being cold won't matter if you know what's coming and it keeps coming and coming and coming. The last two weeks they have been dominate in the second half by wearing down the opponent with a relentless rushing attack.
            *extreme Ferris homer voice* I like the way you think

Comment

Comment

I think the Mankato game will be a bloodbath with the mavs winning by 3 plus scores.

i.think Ferris and the Argos might be a good game, but I'll pick the home team because of that defense.

Comment

I get what you're saying. It definitely sucks to be condescended to by a bunch of midwestern armchair coaches about how weather effects football when your team played in 100 degree heat indexes. That said, y'all had some pretty d@mn good weather in the 2017 semis. It's gonna be colder, cloudy, and probably raining or snowing for parts of the game. I've done a lot of running in weather like that, it'll knock 10-15 degrees off the thermostat. For what it's worth, I hope the weather isn't a factor so neither team can complain about it.

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 12-08-2019, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Massey Bracket Predictions (at the beginning of the playoffs) % chance to win it all of the 4 remaining teams.

Ferris State 20.68
                      West Florida .57

Slippery Rock 4.55
                      Minnesota St 4.09

% Chance now

Ferris State 54.93
                      West Florida 8.07

Slippery Rock 4.72
                      Minnesota St. 32.28

Comment

Here's a dirty little secret. It isn't always that cold in Pennsylvania and other northern climes in December these days. In south-central Pa. we're supposed to be in the 50s with rain today. Anything above 30 is not particularly cold for a late-season football game.

Comment

Comment

I saw some pictures on Ferris State's twitter of them practicing in the snow on their game field with dark cloudy skies. I then looked at some pictures I've taken of Blue Wahoo and was reminded yet again that I'm not cut out for any place north of North Carolina.

I understand playing down the weather conditions by some UWF fans, but I do think it could be a factor. I've walked Pensacola Beach in December many...many times with some boardshorts and no shirt on. I doubt any Bulldog fans have walked the Muskegon River in December with the same attire.

There is a huge difference with what the players from these 2 schools are used to. In my opinion, weather will be a factor, it's just if West Florida can overcome that factor. I was at IUP a few years ago, I think that was mild compared to what we could see this Saturday. Just some perspective, there are parts of Canada that are farther south than Big Rapids, Michigan.
                            * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                            * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

It's going to be fun to watch in Big Rapids! I am excited that we have gotten to play two new/different teams this post season. I've seen enough NWMS, Ouichita and Harding!!

Comment

I'll be there too, probably on the grass next to the south end zone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X