Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Harlon Hill Article

Hey all - I just posted my final Harlon Hill Stock Report. Would love some discussion on this one because I have no idea who is going to actually win it!

https://www.d2football.com/harlon-hi...tion-12-17-19/
    Twitter: @CoachCorpe

I don't know who'll win it, but if there's anyone I'd want on my team it'd be Rogan Wells.

His numbers weren't like the video game numbers of last year, but it was still a pretty stout year.

Second on the team in rushing (702 yards with an 8.3 yard average per rush with 6 TD's- 64 yards per game). Completed 71.72% of his passes. 19 passing TD's against 4 picks, with a 240 ypg average (for comparison sake, Tua Taglova (sp) completed 71.43% of his passes this year and had 17 yards rushing).

Over the past 2 years Rogan led us to two conference championships and a NC. Undefeated season last year and Blazers led the nation in scoring. Undefeated regular season this year and led our team on a drive to take the lead in our playoff game against UWF with 2 minutes to go. Was a heroic drive, The defense couldn't hold the lead (UWF scored with 6 seconds left to break our record setting 25 game winning streak). He had a 24-1 record over the past 2 seasons.

Don't know who'll win the Hill but if I were putting together a team with high expectations I'd want Rogan playing QB.

Comment

I agree with you Fan the Flame - and that is what makes this award so unpredictable. Whether we like it or not we know that the Heisman Trophy is going to be awarded to the best player on the best team 98% of the time. I watched Rogan in person in Texas last year in the Natty, and wow. I think he is the best overall player of the eight finalists (All 8 are outstanding, I am not taking shots at anyone) and I think regardless of what happens this Friday he will be the odds on favorite to win the 2020 Trophy - I just don't know if it will be his first or second one!
      Twitter: @CoachCorpe

Comment

Nate Gunn of Minnesota State. His stats speak for themselves. Very often he only played half the game due to not needing him in the game. Excellent person and athlete.

Comment

Its hard for me to not think of anyone BUT Roland Rivers III other than NDC RB. Roland led the nation in yards, tds and in top 5 in the other categories.

4460 pass yards
          52 TDs 7 INTs
          700 Rush Yards
          9 TDs
          tied NCAA DII total TD record while breaking the points responsible record. went 23-3 as the starter at SRU. The active NCAA TD leader. undefeated regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
            Its hard for me to not think of anyone BUT Roland Rivers III other than NDC RB. Roland led the nation in yards, tds and in top 5 in the other categories.

4460 pass yards
            52 TDs 7 INTs
            700 Rush Yards
            9 TDs
            tied NCAA DII total TD record while breaking the points responsible record. went 23-3 as the starter at SRU. The active NCAA TD leader. undefeated regular season.
            Until he played a good defense...

/bait

Comment

4460 pass yards
              52 TDs 7 INTs
              700 Rush Yards
              9 TDs
              Duh

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Until he played a good defense...

/bait
                Yep and the whole team did bad but hey if it means anything , he broke and tied the NCAA records on that good defense lol

Comment

Yep and the whole team did bad but hey if it means anything , he broke and tied the NCAA records on that good defense lol
                  I looked at the box score and I can't figure out what record he might have broken aside from passing attempts in a single game???

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I looked at the box score and I can't figure out what record he might have broken aside from passing attempts in a single game???
                    I was curious too...

"Rivers tied the NCAA Division II single-season record for touchdowns responsible for (61) and broke the Division II single-season record for points responsible for (370)"

https://rockathletics.com/news/2019/...dii-semis.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Total points in a season and tied total TDS in a season

Comment

JImmy Terwilliger 2.0

On a serious note, he had a great year and deserves all the accolades. He did what he was supposed to do with the competition put in front of him.

Comment

If you want some perspective, ask yourself why Roland left Valdosta prior to the 2018 season (Rogan led us to an undefeated season and a NC).

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                            If you want some perspective, ask yourself why Roland left Valdosta prior to the 2018 season (Rogan led us to an undefeated season and a NC).
                            Be wise he was hurt all of 2017 and wanted change. EASY

ask yourself who led VSU to the playoffs in 2016 until he got hurt. Oh ok

Comment

Be wise he was hurt all of 2017 and wanted change. EASY

ask yourself who led VSU to the playoffs in 2016 until he got hurt. Oh ok
                              Hey, I like Roland. A great guy. He had the job but started 2016 going 13 for 32 passing against Albany State. After that (until he got hurt) he split time at QB with Adam Robles. I believe Roland was hurt in the 8th game (but might have been the 9th). His numbers were pretty average.

He was out all of 2017 (and Rogan split time with Robles and ended up winning the job outright mid season).

Roland worked hard to come back from his injury.He was repaired and ready to play in 2018. We had a heckova team in place. Would have been a great spot to be in to compete to lead that team to the championship. All he had to do was stay, beat out Rogan Wells and take the reins.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X