Both teams should move up. ;)

Re: Valdosta State vs Ferris State

Go GSC!
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

This should be a great game.

It's really to bad that at the conclusion of the second game, a live split video feed of both winning coaches calling a coin toss for the right to host the championship game would have been great. You would pretty much have guarantee a sell out on ESPN verses what will more than likely be a half empty stadium over at McKinney TX.

I mean really NCAA give it a shot, this ain't rocket surgery:)

Comment

Coin toss to determine the host of the national championship? No way man! If an alternative to having a predetermined site had to be used, the only logical choice would be to let the higher seeded team host. You want to host the championship? Get the highest seed possible. Win more games. Score more points. Allow less points. Schedule better OOC opponents and beat them. Etc.

This is the NCAA, not some low tier rec league. They're not going to let the location of a national championship game be determined by a fluke coin toss. Especially not with ESPN involved too.

Sorry to come down negatively on your opinion, but there's way too much money involved with all things NCAA for them to ever consider that. Even at the D2 level. Once the check clears from the host city, the NCAA doesn't give damn about the optics of a D2 championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

It's really to bad that at the conclusion of the second game, a live split video feed of both winning coaches calling a coin toss for the right to host the championship game would have been great. You would pretty much have guarantee a sell out on ESPN verses what will more than likely be a half empty stadium over at McKinney TX.

Comment

Congratulations to Ferris and Valdosta. Should be a great game with two explosive teams.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
              Congratulations to Ferris and Valdosta. Should be a great game with two explosive teams.
              Thanks! Blazers just won a tough semifinal game as in 2012. Shout out to NDC!

It has indeed been an unbelievable season! One more chapter to write........

#BlazerNation

Comment

Based on the body of work for the year, the system clearly weeded out the 2 best teams this year. The kids, the coaches, the fans deserve the opportunity to play the NC game in a facility worthy of the NC. The facility at McKinney is such a facility and the town has a ton of money to make this a 1st class event for D2. I would even go out on a limb and say the D2 NC game will be played at a better facility than the FCS game. Texas high schools spend millions on their facilities. It's an arms race that has carried over to indoor facilities now.

Congrats to Ferris St. and Valdosta St.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                  Based on the body of work for the year, the system clearly weeded out the 2 best teams this year. The kids, the coaches, the fans deserve the opportunity to play the NC game in a facility worthy of the NC. The facility at McKinney is such a facility and the town has a ton of money to make this a 1st class event for D2. I would even go out on a limb and say the D2 NC game will be played at a better facility than the FCS game. Texas high schools spend millions on their facilities. It's an arms race that has carried over to indoor facilities now.

Congrats to Ferris St. and Valdosta St.
                  Was really impressed that officials from McKinney came to welcome the winner of the game to Texas.

Here are some links that the folks at McKinney have set up for the game. Impressive.

Website is at d2Mckinney.com
                  https://d2mckinney.com/?fbclid=IwAR0...nZi4s8qRBPhKxQ

A Facebook page:
                  https://www.facebook.com/D2McKinney/

Twitter:
                  https://twitter.com/D2McKinney

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                    Was really impressed that officials from McKinney came to welcome the winner of the game to Texas.

Here are some links that the folks at McKinney have set up for the game. Impressive.

Website is at d2Mckinney.com
                    https://d2mckinney.com/?fbclid=IwAR0...nZi4s8qRBPhKxQ

A Facebook page:
                    https://www.facebook.com/D2McKinney/

Twitter:
                    https://twitter.com/D2McKinney
                    Officials from the host institutions always attend the semifinals game to formally invite the winner.
                    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                        Exactly.
                        Go Hounds!
                        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                        Cyclone Power
                        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

That might be OK, if you agree that this game should be no different than just another regular season game with the winner declared the National Champions.

Over 31,years ago around three or four people from Florence approach the NCAA with the ideal of making the event special for the teams other than just another game. The NCAA agreed that it should be different.

When the game was moved to Kansas City the group that sponsored it carried on that tradition and it looks like the group from McKinney is also planning on doing the same. Wherever it is in the future I hope that tradition of awarding the teams other the winner being declared the National Champions is carried on.

I would like to see the Stadium full regardless of whether it is on the tube or not I guess it would be OK with you for the visiting team to fly in on the morning of the game and leave afterwards. Fans some driving several hours will NO place to go to refresh before the game or afterwards.

It might not be rocket science, but there are several more things that I could add.

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                            That might be OK, if you agree that this game should be no different than just another regular season game with the winner declared the National Champions.

Over 31,years ago around three or four people from Florence approach the NCAA with the ideal of making the event special for the teams other than just another game. The NCAA agreed that it should be different.

When the game was moved to Kansas City the group that sponsored it carried on that tradition and it looks like the group from McKinney is also planning on doing the same. Wherever it is in the future I hope that tradition of awarding the teams other the winner being declared the National Champions is carried on.

I would like to see the Stadium full regardless of whether it is on the tube or not I guess it would be OK with you for the visiting team to fly in on the morning of the game and leave afterwards. Fans some driving several hours will NO place to go to refresh before the game or afterwards.

It might not be rocket science, but there are several more things that I could add.
                            I think most are appreciative of the groundwork laid by the people of Florence to make the D2 NC game a special event. I know I am.
                            Go Hounds!
                            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                            Cyclone Power
                            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                              I think most are appreciative of the groundwork laid by the people of Florence to make the D2 NC game a special event. I know I am.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X