Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Poll

West Florida was not ranked in the preseason Top 25 poll this season.

Valdosta State was not ranked in the 2018 preseason Top 25 poll.

Please forgive me if I don't ask the pollsters for investment advice.

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Would you have had either one of them as your preseason number one in their respective years?
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Hard to figure if a school transfers in several starters

Comment

Other than Mount Union and NDSU with polls, it's always about who gets hot and makes that run. Hard to make that call........

Comment

UWF was preseason #2 in most polls in 2018, losing QB Mike Beaudry for the season in the first quarter of the first game, completely derailed the Argos season. After last years 6-5 record and four consecutive losses to finish the season, it's easy to see why UWF wasn't ranked in the preseason this year. In 2017 the only poll the Argos were ranked in was the final poll, and after all isn't that the only one that really matters.

Comment

Congratulations on your hindsight being 20-20.

I'll expect you to put out a poll every year from now on so we can judge your predictive ability against the actual results. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I'll expect you to put out a poll every year from now on so we can judge your predictive ability against the actual results. ;)
              The perfect response.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

As the polls are meaningless in D-II, why have them? UWF was ranked #19 at the start of the playoffs. Even 11 weeks into the season the poll wasn't a true evaluation of performance. It was a shuffling based upon previous poll positions.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Would you have had either one of them as your preseason number one in their respective years?
                  Nope, as I wouldn't have a poll.

Comment

I found a poll that got it right!!
                    1 West Florida (31) 13-2 774 20 D. No. 4 Minnesota St., 48-40, in national championship
                    2 Minnesota St. 14-1 744 4 Lost to No. 20 West Florida, 48-40, in national championship
                    3 Ferris St. (Mich.) 12-1 705 2 Lost to No. 20 West Florida, 28-14, in semifinals
                    4 Lenoir-Rhyne (N.C.) 13-1 635 6 Lost to No. 20 West Florida, 43-38, in quarterfinals
                    5 Valdosta St. (Ga.) 10-1 614 1 Lost to No. 20 West Florida, 38-35, in second round
                    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

As the polls are meaningless in D-II, why have them? UWF was ranked #19 at the start of the playoffs. Even 11 weeks into the season the poll wasn't a true evaluation of performance. It was a shuffling based upon previous poll positions.
                      Why have this site to provide scores and opinion and information?
                      Why have this board to discuss and allow people to give their opinion?
                      Why even let people in to watch the games if all that's important are the results?

That's where your thought process eventually leads.

There is a ton of stuff that we do as humans that is "meaningless" that we do to make our lives more enjoyable.

In general, sports are a diversion. I hope you don't want to get rid of them too.

Comment

Nope, as I wouldn't have a poll.
                        Do you have a problem that other people do have a poll?
                        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Who votes in the polls for DII? Coaches, SIDs, Ad's, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post
                            Who votes in the polls for DII? Coaches, SIDs, Ad's, etc.?
                            Coaches vote in the AFCA poll.

.com staff, media members, and sports information directors vote in our poll.

Comment

I've always heard the argument of people to get rid of rankings and polls and I have always disagreed completely. I'm always excited to see the pre-season top 25. I love following high school and college polls every week during the season. I actually think they are very important. I think it adds to underdog storylines, I think it excites a lot of fan bases, I think it rewards teams that are winning by recognizing them, on and on. I think it's totally fine for a fan base to disagree with their ranking, that is part of the fun conversation. I don't think we were the 20th best team in the country, but the beauty of D2 is the teams get to go out there and fight for their final ranking. While I don't think we were #20, I also get why we were ranked there. I don't think pollsters could have done it any different. Viva la D2football.com poll and AFCA poll.
                              * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                              * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                              * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X