Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
    CFP

SEC 7 appearances 8-4 with 2 championships
    ACC 6 appearances 6-3 with 2 championships
    B10 4 appearances 2-3 with 1 championship
    B12 4 appearances 0-4 with 0 championships
    P12 3 appearances 1-2 with 0 championships
    IND 1 appearance 0-1 with 0 championships
    We'll just have to agree to disagree. As I mentioned before, I'm waiting to see if a one-loss ACC team makes the CFP. Until then, in my opinion, the ACC falls short of the cache of the B1G. They maybe have a little more pull than the Big12 and certainly more power than the PAC12. The ACC is nowhere near the SEC or Notre Dame. Clemson is a major player NOW (and it's been a helluva run), but let them lose one game next year during the regular season -- they won't see the CFP again. This is why I agree with Clemson being a power player for now, but not the ACC -- they don't have the conference-wide respect of the SEC or the B1G.

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

We'll just have to agree to disagree. As I mentioned before, I'm waiting to see if a one-loss ACC team makes the CFP. Until then, in my opinion, the ACC falls short of the cache of the B1G. They maybe have a little more pull than the Big12 and certainly more power than the PAC12. The ACC is nowhere near the SEC or Notre Dame. Clemson is a major player NOW (and it's been a helluva run), but let them lose one game next year during the regular season -- they won't see the CFP again. This is why I agree with Clemson being a power player for now, but not the ACC -- they don't have the conference-wide respect of the SEC or the B1G.
      Clemson has already made it twice with a loss, beat Alabama for the title and lost to Alabama in the semifinals the next year. Prior to this year the last 2 B10 teams that made the playoffs were outscored 69-0, that's pretty hard to forget. The last few seasons the B10 has been better as a whole than the ACC but is that really more important than championships?

Comment

24-Team College Football Playoff Bracket Using the FCS Playoff Format

Comment

Seeing as how we are entering a new decade of "power 5 football". I thought I might do a little digging into the power 5 conference records against one another for the previous 10 years. Not surprisingly the SEC led the way and was the only conference with a winning record against the other 4, what was surprising to me was that the ACC was the only conference with a losing record against the other 4. It would seem my own research completely discredits my delusions of ACC grandeur. Another surprise was that the B10 had a losing record against everyone but the ACC and the B12 had a winning record against everyone but the SEC. In fact the only conference that had a winning record against the SEC last decade was the Big East. The one positive for the ACC is that they had the most wins and highest winning percentage against the SEC but then again most of those were probably wins by Clemson. So my apologies UWFMubbish, you are correct, aside from Clemson, the ACC is the weakest link.

Comment

The NCAA will expand the FBS playoffs to 8 teams, it's only a matter of time.

Comment

So how about Matt Rhule jumping from Temple 2 years ago to being named HC of the Carolina Panthers and a 7 year $60 million contract to go along with the position lol. Baylor is now in a bind to make a quick higher to keep their guys from jumping ship into the portal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X