Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best D2 player to ever play in the NFL?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Kenny Moore - the highest paid CB in the NFL
    Huh?

Comment

Jeff Wright was NT for all those Buffalo Bills Super Bowl teams and went to Central Missouri after Coffeyville CC. Played 7 years total

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

His NFL career wasn't that great, but he could have been a four-time HHT winner.
        That is a great point. There are a lot of guys that were incredible football players that for what ever reason didn't get their shot in the NFL. Not just D2 either.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Huh?
          Watch the video.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post
            Jeff Wright was NT for all those Buffalo Bills Super Bowl teams and went to Central Missouri after Coffeyville CC. Played 7 years total
            Not the pro career to make this list, but the guy was an animal at CentralMO. Lead the Mules in both tackles and tackles for loss from an interior defensive line position.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Kenny Moore - the highest paid CB in the NFL
              highest paid SLOT cb, not cb overall

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Not quite on the level of these two, but Ryan Scharder represented D2 fairly well.
                Playing with the Atlanta Falcons for 4 or 5 years.
                Yes, we remember him well.

Comment

Also Todd Bauman from the former D-II football school, Saint Cloud State
                  THE Saint Cloud State University :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    There have been a few guys who have had a start or two or threw some passes but it's really few and far between.
                    Todd Bouman comes to mind, possibly the last one, or at least one of them anyway.

Comment

I wouldn't put Malcolm Butler in the conversation, however it should be noted that he won Super Bowl MVP once in a very famous fashion.

Vinateri gets my vote. The guy destroyed Herschel Walker and then won a couple rings.

Comment

Yeah. A D2 QB is much more likely to get abducted by aliens than make it in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                          I wouldn't put Malcolm Butler in the conversation, however it should be noted that he won Super Bowl MVP once in a very famous fashion.

Vinateri gets my vote. The guy destroyed Herschel Walker and then won a couple rings.
                          Great play by AV, but you do realize that Herschel was 35 years old and had run nearly 70 yards when AB caught up to him?

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

Great play by AV, but you do realize that Herschel was 35 years old and had run nearly 70 yards when AB caught up to him?
                            That doesn't make it any less impressive.

We're talking about a rookie kicker "catching up to" one of the greatest pure athletes in professional football history - I think that's a pretty neat accomplishment.

Walker didn't start his MMA career until he was in his late 40's and finished with 2 TKO's. This isn't a "normal" man we're talking about.

Comment

I would also mention Jared Veldheer among top guys playing today. As for all-time for me it is Payton. Can't go against a guy with an award named after him.

Comment

WT was D1 when Duane Thomas played for us. FYI - his backfield mate was Mercury Morris. Coach Joe Kerbel did a great job recruiting and coaching so WT was nationally known back then, so of course Kerbel was fired.

We had a great D2 coach a few years ago, Don Carthel. Playoffs most every year, so of course he was fired too. They moved to Commerce where his son Colby took over as head coach and won a Natty. Now they are coaching D1.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X