Comment

Re: Augustana moving up to D1

One can only hope it is not move like Nebraska Omaha made
      THE Saint Cloud State University :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by scsu83 View Post
        One can only hope it is not move like Nebraska Omaha made
        Indeed. That was terrible. Matt Zimmer of the Argus-Leader was speculating about the future of wrestling at AU.

Comment

Now I'll have to move my Augie cap from my D2 room to my D1 room. I might have to "move up" and get an AU cap because mine says AC on it. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

I don't recall anyone saying that Augustana should move up. Huh.

Comment

lol, nothing like moving D1 and essentially cutting the scholarships for the football team so you can afford scholarships for all the other sports at D1.

Should have just stayed in D2, cut football all together, and dominated in the other sports.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                lol, nothing like moving D1 and essentially cutting the scholarships for the football team so you can afford scholarships for all the other sports at D1.

Should have just stayed in D2, cut football all together, and dominated in the other sports.
                The problem with that is getting kicked out of the NSIC for not having the sport and having absolutely no where else to go.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  The problem with that is getting kicked out of the NSIC for not having the sport and having absolutely no where else to go.
                  Yep. Football is a required sport to be a member of the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

In the GNAC, we call that the WWU plan. It caused quite a stor and with WWU winning an NC in hoops, it makes other schools look at that idea a bit harder.

Comment

Old article but it deals with a lot of questions about money etc

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...eap/511148002/

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Old article but it deals with a lot of questions about money etc

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...eap/511148002/
                        Interesting take with the news that the Summit has looked at past NCC schools in case of need. Should the teams on the Eastern and Western blocks defect, I wonder who the Summit turns to

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                          In the GNAC, we call that the WWU plan. It caused quite a stor and with WWU winning an NC in hoops, it makes other schools look at that idea a bit harder.
                          And the volleyball team just missed on the natty a few weeks ago. Carver Gym just got a facelift. Both bball teams are consistenly competitive, although I wouldn't call either "dominant" in terms of deep playoff runs in the past couple of years. But they don't even know how to spell "football" up in those parts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X