Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd hope Little League signs are easier to steal signs, although not in stealing bases with no lead off. Not cycling through dozens of false signs with one indicator being this is the true sign. I think that is where technology came into play over eyeballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I agree, the players should also be held accountable. Now if one that testifies said he had the signs relayed to him as proof that it was going on, but he didn't relay them to the batter that player shouldn't be punished.
      "Most" position players on the 2017 Astros were involved in the sign-stealing scheme, either by decoding signs or relaying signs or receiving signs while at the plate, according to the report. "Many of the players who were interviewed admitted that they knew the scheme was wrong because it crossed the line from what the player believed was fair competition and/or violated MLB rules," the report says.

Carlos Beltran should be fired too, since he was named as one of the players leading it.

Manfred is being a coward by sticking it to the GM and Manager only.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

"Most" position players on the 2017 Astros were involved in the sign-stealing scheme, either by decoding signs or relaying signs or receiving signs while at the plate, according to the report. "Many of the players who were interviewed admitted that they knew the scheme was wrong because it crossed the line from what the player believed was fair competition and/or violated MLB rules," the report says.

Carlos Beltran should be fired too, since he was named as one of the players leading it.

Manfred is being a coward by sticking it to the GM and Manager only.
        I agree on Beltran too. MLB should also come down hard on him. As for the receiving signs part, if a player only did that they should get less in my opinion. Some things many players have always done is signal if the catcher is inside or outside in his setup. Even if you know a curve ball is coming, sometimes this can also be noticed by spin on the ball or arm angle and you still have to hit it. It will be interesting if a list of players on both Astros and Redsox comes out.

Players get 81 games for PED's, but nothing for this would be a huge black eye for MLB. Knowing a pitch to time it better sure is more performance enhancing than bigger muscles to hit the ball farther as you still need to time the pitch and get the location still.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'd hope Little League signs are easier to steal signs, although not in stealing bases with no lead off. Not cycling through dozens of false signs with one indicator being this is the true sign. I think that is where technology came into play over eyeballs.
          Nobody has an issue with "stealing" signs actually out on the field, with your own eyes, deciphering them within the game. That's part of baseball. The issue is when teams are using outlawed methods (technology in the dugout) to garner information that you're not supposed to see. There's a reason that the catcher puts his signs between his legs. So the batter can't see. When you set up a camera in center field to see those signs, and then signal the batter in real-time, that defeats the whole purpose of the catcher giving signs as he does. He might as well just yell out to the pitcher at that point. I feel like there's a very large, noticeable difference.

In little league, there was one team we played that had the same signs all throughout the season. The coach would give the signs to the catcher, which you could see from the opposing dugout, and then the catcher would give the signs to the pitcher. We figured out within one inning in the first game that any time the coach put a "2" down on his second signal to the catcher, that a change-up was coming. You could see the coach giving these signs right from the batter's box. So as long as your back wasn't to him, you could see what was coming. We just went over it in our dugout and never said anything to anyone else. There's nothing wrong with that. But if you're essentially putting a camera where it shouldn't be, you might as well just be sitting in the opposing team's locker room the whole series and getting the entire game plan.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Nobody has an issue with "stealing" signs actually out on the field, with your own eyes, deciphering them within the game. That's part of baseball. The issue is when teams are using outlawed methods (technology in the dugout) to garner information that you're not supposed to see. There's a reason that the catcher puts his signs between his legs. So the batter can't see. When you set up a camera in center field to see those signs, and then signal the batter in real-time, that defeats the whole purpose of the catcher giving signs as he does. He might as well just yell out to the pitcher at that point. I feel like there's a very large, noticeable difference.

In little league, there was one team we played that had the same signs all throughout the season. The coach would give the signs to the catcher, which you could see from the opposing dugout, and then the catcher would give the signs to the pitcher. We figured out within one inning in the first game that any time the coach put a "2" down on his second signal to the catcher, that a change-up was coming. You could see the coach giving these signs right from the batter's box. So as long as your back wasn't to him, you could see what was coming. We just went over it in our dugout and never said anything to anyone else. There's nothing wrong with that. But if you're essentially putting a camera where it shouldn't be, you might as well just be sitting in the opposing team's locker room the whole series and getting the entire game plan.
            So you're saying you cheated...

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I'm in agreement with you. As I said stealing signs in Little League is likely easier, as they don't have the signals from the catcher with multiple signs and wiggling fingers. I think the players should be getting suspensions, 81 games minimum sounds fair based on the PED standard. For Beltran, maybe a full season for his major part of it in setting it up. MLB needs to come down on more than managers and front office for this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Nothing against the rules about using your eyeballs.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Comment

Another casualty, Beltran fired by the Mets.

Comment

Getting deeper reports that Altuve and Bregman had buzzers in their jerseys to tip off speed pitchers
                        National Championships Are Cool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                          Beat me to it. Did someone tip you off about this sign ahead of time?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Beat me to it. Did someone tip you off about this sign ahead of time?
                            My attorney has advised I not answer that question at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Minnesota View Post
                              Getting deeper reports that Altuve and Bregman had buzzers in their jerseys to tip off speed pitchers
                              That's been a conspiracy with merit for a while. Altuve hit that walk-off to go to the World Series this year and when he was running down the 3rd base line, he yelled to his teammates "Don't rip off my jersey". Also rumored that he went into the clubhouse and came back out to celebrate with his WS shirt, instead of doing it on the field.

It's been long known within baseball and by other managers that the Astros were stealing signs via camera apparently too. Keith Olbermann was on ESPN radio yesterday talking about it. Said a friend of his, who is a baseball manager, told him last year that they knew.

MLB knows, but their weak and pathetic response to make managers and GM's the scapegoat (in 2017) is just another huge black eye while all of the guilty players not named Carlos Beltran (also a scapegoat but needed fired) get to keep their rings, bonuses, etc. This is why baseball is dying with younger generations. People hate cheaters and no one cheats more than baseball.

This cannot be tolerated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2XNW1qHN9w

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

That's been a conspiracy with merit for a while. Altuve hit that walk-off to go to the World Series this year and when he was running down the 3rd base line, he yelled to his teammates "Don't rip off my jersey". Also rumored that he went into the clubhouse and came back out to celebrate with his WS shirt, instead of doing it on the field.

It's been long known within baseball and by other managers that the Astros were stealing signs via camera apparently too. Keith Olbermann was on ESPN radio yesterday talking about it. Said a friend of his, who is a baseball manager, told him last year that they knew.

MLB knows, but their weak and pathetic response to make managers and GM's the scapegoat (in 2017) is just another huge black eye while all of the guilty players not named Carlos Beltran (also a scapegoat but needed fired) get to keep their rings, bonuses, etc. This is why baseball is dying with younger generations. People hate cheaters and no one cheats more than baseball.

This cannot be tolerated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2XNW1qHN9w
                                I like Jomboy he is fun.

This is getting bad enough they maybe getting close to vacating 2017
                                National Championships Are Cool!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X