Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: 2020 MLB Season

Pitchers and catchers still don't report for another month, but MLB came down on the Astros. The manager and GM are both suspended for a year. The team is fined 5 million dollars and they don't get first and second round picks in 2020 and 2021.
    National Championships Are Cool!!!

lol.....Astros get crushed, rightfully so.

Houston Astros GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch have been suspended for one season after an MLB investigation found the team used technology to cheat during its World Series-winning 2017 season, it was announced Monday.

Additionally, MLB will fine the Astros $5 million and take away their first- and second-round draft picks in the 2020 and 2021 drafts.

Alex Cora gonna be gone too.

Comment

Not as crushed as the Mariners will be by opposing teams. Again. For the 19th year in a row.

Comment

Hinch and Luhnow now fired.

Either way, the punishment is almost nothing. Baseball managers are among the most useless positions in sports. Draft picks in baseball don't matter outside of the top 3-5 picks in the first round. Money doesn't matter. The punishment is pointless. Astros are still World Series champions and always will be. You could tell me the Tigers can win a World Series, but have to move to Montreal afterwards as punishment for cheating, and I'd *still* take the cheating World Series.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
          lol.....Astros get crushed, rightfully so.

Houston Astros GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch have been suspended for one season after an MLB investigation found the team used technology to cheat during its World Series-winning 2017 season, it was announced Monday.

Additionally, MLB will fine the Astros $5 million and take away their first- and second-round draft picks in the 2020 and 2021 drafts.

Alex Cora gonna be gone too.
          Houston cheats!

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            Hinch and Luhnow now fired.

Either way, the punishment is almost nothing. Baseball managers are among the most useless positions in sports. Draft picks in baseball don't matter outside of the top 3-5 picks in the first round. Money doesn't matter. The punishment is pointless. Astros are still World Series champions and always will be. You could tell me the Tigers can win a World Series, but have to move to Montreal afterwards as punishment for cheating, and I'd *still* take the cheating World Series.
            As an AL fan, I can see why you discredit the manager so much.

First and second round picks for 2 years is painful. Craig Biggio - 22nd pick, Lance Berkman - 16th, Billy Wagner - 12th, George Springer - 11th (2nd time), Mike Trout - 25th. Hell, here's a good list: https://www.mlb.com/news/best-mlb-pl...lot-c235403704

Cora is gonna be long gone too. Sad no players will be punished.

And you're right, they got what they sought and it won't be taken away sadly.

Comment

Comment

Comment

First and second round picks for 2 years is painful. Craig Biggio - 22nd pick, Lance Berkman - 16th, Billy Wagner - 12th, George Springer - 11th (2nd time), Mike Trout - 25th. Hell, here's a good list: https://www.mlb.com/news/best-mlb-pl...lot-c235403704

Cora is gonna be long gone too. Sad no players will be punished.

And you're right, they got what they sought and it won't be taken away sadly.
                  Their first picks since 2010 also consisted of Daz Cameron, Brady Aiken, Mark Appel, and Michael Kvasnicka. Baseball draft picks, especially outside of the top handful of picks, are the biggest gambles in all of sports. Of course there's some good players. There's also a lot of bad players. Mike Trout at 25th just shows how much of a lucky draw the MLB draft is. Point being, the money the Astros save by not having to sign those draft picks to their slot value can be used on free agents that are actual major league players.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Soooo the Mariners can hire the Astro's managers now?

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Just the facts man.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Their first picks since 2010 also consisted of Daz Cameron, Brady Aiken, Mark Appel, and Michael Kvasnicka. Baseball draft picks, especially outside of the top handful of picks, are the biggest gambles in all of sports. Of course there's some good players. There's also a lot of bad players. Mike Trout at 25th just shows how much of a lucky draw the MLB draft is. Point being, the money the Astros save by not having to sign those draft picks to their slot value can be used on free agents that are actual major league players.
                        Your post implied that the top 5 pics are automatic and the rest are crap. Just wanted to show there is tons of value and if anything, no pick is guaranteed in MLB.

Draft picks are cheap. Financial reasons is no benefit to the Astros who have a $200 million+ payroll. Plus no rookie makes money until you know they're good enough.

Comment

Your post implied that the top 5 pics are automatic and the rest are crap. Just wanted to show there is tons of value and if anything, no pick is guaranteed in MLB.

Draft picks are cheap. Financial reasons is no benefit to the Astros who have a $200 million+ payroll. Plus no rookie makes money until you know they're good enough.
                          And how many rounds is the draft? A lot of the talent in MLB was taken in later rounds for sure. As for no rookie making money, Ken Griffey Jr was called up in his first year of the minors and look how he payed off right away. As for the possibility of another Griffey Jr style top pick, I think I'd rather play the lottery as those odds may be better.

Comment

Infinite rounds....at least it used to be.

Comment

I fixed it for you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X