Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

That's been a conspiracy with merit for a while. Altuve hit that walk-off to go to the World Series this year and when he was running down the 3rd base line, he yelled to his teammates "Don't rip off my jersey". Also rumored that he went into the clubhouse and came back out to celebrate with his WS shirt, instead of doing it on the field.

Holy crap!

Comment

This sums it up well.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
        This sums it up well.

lol that's awesome.

I don't know if anyone saw, but the son of Scott Brosious claimed on reddit that Mike Trout takes PED's for a "thyroid condition" but really it is a loophole in the MLB rules.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
          This sums it up well.

Hilarious!

Comment

Larry Walker and Derek Jeter are now in the Hall of Fame. Two good choices. Evidently, someone didn't vote for Jeter. So some are going nuts over how he won't be a first time unanimous pick.

Personally, I think that the important thing is that he is in. And I ask the question- would they have expected to get in a unanimous vote if he played on any one of the other twenty nine teams in MLB. Of course the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Larry Walker and Derek Jeter are now in the Hall of Fame. Two good choices. Evidently, someone didn't vote for Jeter. So some are going nuts over how he won't be a first time unanimous pick.

Personally, I think that the important thing is that he is in. And I ask the question- would they have expected to get in a unanimous vote if he played on any one of the other twenty nine teams in MLB. Of course the answer is no.
              I thought Rivera was a unanimous pick last year. I agree, if he'd been on another team he wouldn't expect to be unanimous.

Comment

As Wildcat mentioned, Mo Rivera was the first and only unanimous pick last year or the year before.

I don't understand why anyone cares if it is unanimous or not. He's in. Griffey was left off of three ballots when he got inducted and he was twice the player Jeter was. Jeter was a compiler who wasn't great at anything besides playing in the playoffs. And I don't really like the "rings" argument in baseball. Baseball is the most team-oriented sport we have. You can't will your team to the finals like a quarterback or basketball player. You are one guy out of 10 and there's nothing you can do individually to will your team to a win, at least not as a hitter. So I hate the rings argument.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Yes, RIvera is the only unanimous pick. My statement of first time unanimous pick was meant to be in Jeter's first year of eligibility, not that he would be the first person to be voted in unanimously. Sorry for any confusion on that.

Comment

Jeter should not have been a unanimous pick. If we started drafting HOF'ers to make a team, he might not even crack the top 10 shortstops.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      Jeter should not have been a unanimous pick. If we started drafting HOF'ers to make a team, he might not even crack the top 10 shortstops.
                      When I read your first sentence, I missed the "not" and wondered when Jeter had played for the Cardinals. :)

Comment

Listening to a number of sports shows during the night and this morning- why is doxxing the one voter seem to be more important than the fact that two players made the Hall of Fame? As far as I know, this is an Australian ballot and there is no rule that people have to reveal their vote. This National Inquirer indignation that "inquiring minds want to know" seems misplaced.

I'd rather discuss if players from the steroid era should be voted in, or has their status become toxic?

Comment

Listening to a number of sports shows during the night and this morning- why is doxxing the one voter seem to be more important than the fact that two players made the Hall of Fame? As far as I know, this is an Australian ballot and there is no rule that people have to reveal their vote. This National Inquirer indignation that "inquiring minds want to know" seems misplaced.

I'd rather discuss if players from the steroid era should be voted in, or has their status become toxic?
                          Jeter should have sent all the voters gift baskets...

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                            I'm torn on this. He is not a top position player, like you said. But he is as much of a guaranteed Hall of Famer as anyone, so why do so many writers try to make people "wait their turn"?

Comment

Alex Gordon returning to the Royals with a 1-year, $4 million deal.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

I'm torn on this. He is not a top position player, like you said. But he is as much of a guaranteed Hall of Famer as anyone, so why do so many writers try to make people "wait their turn"?
                                It's some traditional thing with crusty old sportswriters. Ruth, Cobb, Mays, Aaron, etc. weren't unanimous.

There should have been many unanimous players in the HOF.

My previous quote was more about the history of the process than Jeter himself, but he was a defensive deficit.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X