Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best NCAA Championship Game 2019

Now that the 2019 season is over I thought it would be interesting to compare and rate the NCAA championship games. My ranking does have a certain amount of homerism and is as follows:

1. D2- West Florida over Minn.-Mankato 48-40.

Exciting and record breaking game between two teams seeking first national title. Argo playoff run of knocking off 4 undefeated top 5 teams on road elevates this game as the best of 2019.

2. FCS- NDSU over James Madison 28-20.

Close exciting game between top two teams of FCS seeking another title. The lack of drama in early playoff rounds as these two teams steamrolled opponents makes this game less compelling than D2 game.

3. FBS- LSU over Clemson 42-25.

A close game for a half between two teams seeking another title with record breaking performance by LSU QB, but Argo QB did same thing in D2 playoff run and D2 title game closer, better and more compelling to end of game.

4. D3- North Central over Wisc.-Whitewater 41-14.

Blowout game places this one last of the divisions.

5. Conclusion- D2 Championship rules in 2019!

The talent LSU had on offense made that the most fun game for me to watch, not an LSU fan but that was a ridiculous season that Burrow had. If we are looking at best championship games why are we including games leading up to the championship?

Comment

FBS was better. FCS and D2 were both dominated by the winner for long stretches before the loser made it close in the final minutes. D3 was a blowout from the start, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        The talent LSU had on offense made that the most fun game for me to watch, not an LSU fan but that was a ridiculous season that Burrow had. If we are looking at best championship games why are we including games leading up to the championship?
        The talent in the FBS game will always be better than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The talent in the FBS game will always be better than the others.
          Of course, using past games as a reason just didn't make sense to me. The talent at skill positions in the FBS game this year was just impressive, more so than recent years in my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X