Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would YOU Consider the Top 5 Coaching Positions in NCAA DII Football

Just read Gene Frenette's article on D2 HomePage about Valdosta State's HC Kerwin Bell, "Bell Rebounds From JU (Jacksonville State) Divorce, Leads Valdosta State Back To Prominence". Great story. Of course, I stole my thread title from a comment Bell mentioned in the story, that being at Valdosta State in DII Football is like being at a Ohio State of the Big Ten, or Florida of the SEC. Interesting.

So curious, what would YOU consider to be the Top Five head coaching positions in NCAA DII? Throw in a couple Honorable Mentions if you want.
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 12-16-2018, 02:02 AM.

Re: What Would YOU Consider the Top 5 Coaching Positions in NCAA DII Footba

Grand Valley has to be at or near the top of the list.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
      Grand Valley has to be at or near the top of the list.
      Grand Valley, Valdosta, NW Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
        Grand Valley, Valdosta, NW Missouri
        These three along with Pitt State and either IUP or TAMUK would be mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
          Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post

It's going to take moving a mountain to get TAMUK back into the category.

I hope it happens sooner rather than later. We have a new AD and new President and they need to get to work and fast. When I see construction trailers and equipment around the stadium, I will be on board. Until then I don't hold out much hope this program will ever been in a situation to compete against our conference counterparts who are spending millions on new facilites or upgrades while we sit on our ass and hope history continues to see us through the storm. Yes it's discouraging as heck for lack of a better way to put it.

Comment

GVSU, NWMS, VSU, UWG, PItt St.
              West GA has great facilities and recruiting base so I would add them.

Comment

Originally posted by deanmachine View Post
                GVSU, NWMS, VSU, UWG, PItt St.
                West GA has great facilities and recruiting base so I would add them.

Comment

What makes a Top 5 coaching job??? Money? Location? Prestige of program? Great fan base? Cooperative administration? Nice office? Great facilities? Pretty unis? :wink:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                      What makes a Top 5 coaching job??? Money? Location? Prestige of program? Great fan base? Cooperative administration? Nice office? Great facilities? Pretty unis? :wink:
                      Most of those are probably key components. Cooperative administration and supportive alumni/fan base is very important. Great facilities and location helps with recruiting. Is there ever enough money? Prestige of the program is important. But it is also easy to lose.

As discussed earlier, Texas A&I/A&M Kingsville was a prestige program for decades. But this last decade the prestige has become a bit tarnished. The band barely knows how to play Jalisco anymore.
                      Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
                        The band barely knows how to play Jalisco anymore.

Or, "El rey."
                        <>

Comment

Grand Valley, Valdosta, NW Missouri, Pitt St are for sure

The 5th spot is a toss up and is probably more to do with their importance in developing young men in their regions
                          FL Tech
                          CSU - Pueblo
                          Ferris
                          IUP

Just look what became of Jayru Campbell

Comment

Comment

There is a ton of talent in GA and FL, a lot of great talent that is either undersized or a tad slow for D1 or grades not quite up to D1 standards that could and should be filling up the D2 ranks in that region. Looked like UWF was doing that quickly last year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X