Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
        MSNBC hostess Alison Morris said what?

She claims that she stutters a combination of Knicks and Lakers and it came out "Nakers"

You be the judge.

??????https://twitter.com/IsheSugarShay/st...plQB0t_U_sTuFI
        This is what I'm most angry at, today.

There's so many awful people out there. But people are out here trying to end this poor broadcaster's career for conflating the word "Lakers" with the word "Knicks". She's most likely not a sports person, at all. Those are the two most popular teams in the NBA. MSNBC is broadcast from New York. She conflated their names and said Knickers. And people are losing their mind, claiming she said something she CLEARLY did not say. It is a joke of something to be outraged by.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I read this poem in high school. Always one of my favorites. Seems appropriate now.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...te-dying-young

Comment

Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli, wife and daughter die in helicopter crash with Kobe Bryant (OC Register)

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

There's so many awful people out there. But people are out here trying to end this poor broadcaster's career for conflating the word "Lakers" with the word "Knicks". She's most likely not a sports person, at all. Those are the two most popular teams in the NBA. MSNBC is broadcast from New York. She conflated their names and said Knickers. And people are losing their mind, claiming she said something she CLEARLY did not say. It is a joke of something to be outraged by.
              I wasn't judging what she said, just posting a link containing what she said and asked others to judge it. I think a background check should be done on her, and if there is nothing racist in her past, then she's in the clear. But, if she has any ties to something as simple as expressing right wing or conservative views, then she might be in trouble. I know absolutely nothing about her.

Comment

Thank you, I agree. So many other things more worthy of attention that something that seems to be a mountain made out of a mole hill. I challenge anyone on here to tell me that they haven't made some kind of mistake while talking. In this case, she happened to be on the airwaves. Maybe some people thought she was referring to knickers and talking about women's underwear. Some people go looking for faults and hear what they want to hear.

Comment

I wasn't judging what she said, just posting a link containing what she said and asked others to judge it. I think a background check should be done on her, and if there is nothing racist in her past, then she's in the clear. But, if she has any ties to something as simple as expressing right wing or conservative views, then she might be in trouble. I know absolutely nothing about her.
                  What? This is crazy. Why not just doxx every single person who has ever spoken a single word? Why, exactly, do you want her harassed and investigated for combining the words "Knicks" and "Lakers"? When is the protest to have the New York Knickerbockers change their name? When are we going to have the word "knickers," as in underwear, erased from our vernacular? This has gotta be the dumbest thing I've seen anyone get in an outrage about, ever.

Comment

Comment

What? This is crazy. Why not just doxx every single person who has ever spoken a single word? Why, exactly, do you want her harassed and investigated for combining the words "Knicks" and "Lakers"? When is the protest to have the New York Knickerbockers change their name? When are we going to have the word "knickers," as in underwear, erased from our vernacular? This has gotta be the dumbest thing I've seen anyone get in an outrage about, ever.

I didn't say I wanted her harassed. I think investigating her past would make sense. Like I said, if there is nothing there, she's in the clear. You do make some good points that suggests that it was just an unfortunate slip up of words that doesn't not originate from a sinister ideology. I am just simply not 100% convinced that the slip up didn't originate from a sinister ideology and thus would like to see if she has anything in her past that would suggest that this wasn't an honest slip of the words.

Comment

I didn't say I wanted her harassed. I think investigating her past would make sense. Like I said, if there is nothing there, she's in the clear. You do make some good points that suggests that it was just an unfortunate slip up of words that doesn't not originate from a sinister ideology. I am just simply not 100% convinced that the slip up didn't originate from a sinister ideology and thus would like to see if she has anything in her past that would suggest that this wasn't an honest slip of the words.
                        This is an asinine opinion. What you are suggesting is akin to investigating someone for being a pedophile because they talked about hamburgers.

Comment

This is an asinine opinion. What you are suggesting is akin to investigating someone for being a pedophile because they talked about hamburgers.
                          What does liking children for sexual reasons have to do with hamburgers? I said that you made good points that could suggest it was a benign slip of words.

Comment

What does liking children for sexual reasons have to do with hamburgers? I said that you made good points that could suggest it was a benign slip of words.
                            EXACTLY. What do the words "Lakers" and "Knicks" have to do with racism?

Comment

This thread went off the rails.

Now a mother and father and their daughter among the dead.

The police had grounded their helicopters due to the fog. Why did the insist on flying to that game? This could have all been prevented. The story gets more and more heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                                This thread went off the rails.

Now a mother and father and their daughter among the dead.

The police had grounded their helicopters due to the fog. Why did the insist on flying to that game? This could have all been prevented. The story gets more and more heartbreaking.
                                When Nation is saying a thread has gone off the rails, you KNOW it's gone off the rails.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X