Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Last Johnnie-Tommie FB game

This is pretty big. The last Johnnie-Tommie game will be held in the Viking stadium.

https://gojohnnies.com/news/2020/2/1...this-fall.aspx

I know it's a new facility, but I was surprised that this will be the first collegiate football game at US Bank. But then the Gophers stadium is close and relatively new too.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
      I know it's a new facility, but I was surprised that this will be the first collegiate football game at US Bank. But then the Gophers stadium is close and relatively new too.
      Building two stadiums was a monument to stupidity. Gophers couldn't fill up the Metrodome because of poor play and idiotic decisions. So they moved back to a much smaller stadium on campus that they still couldn't fill and it was outdoors. Now Fleck has things going- they could draw more by playing inside in November but they had to spend millions of dollars instead.

I've been to the Vikings stadium for Gopher baseball. Seems weird because the place is so much bigger than the Metrodome, where the Gophers also played hardball.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Building two stadiums was a monument to stupidity. Gophers couldn't fill up the Metrodome because of poor play and idiotic decisions. So they moved back to a much smaller stadium on campus that they still couldn't fill and it was outdoors. Now Fleck has things going- they could draw more by playing inside in November but they had to spend millions of dollars instead.

I've been to the Vikings stadium for Gopher baseball. Seems weird because the place is so much bigger than the Metrodome, where the Gophers also played hardball.
        CSP used the Dome as well. It worked well for Gopher baseball too - they made it their own after the Twins moved out. The Bank is not the same, it's actually a very sad baseball venue.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

CSP used the Dome as well. It worked well for Gopher baseball too - they made it their own after the Twins moved out. The Bank is not the same, it's actually a very sad baseball venue.
          Speaking of CSP, I see that their women's lacrosse team beat UC-Colorado Springs in their own bubble today. I think UIU also has a team- not sure if any other NSIC schools do.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Speaking of CSP, I see that their women's lacrosse team beat UC-Colorado Springs in their own bubble today. I think UIU also has a team- not sure if any other NSIC schools do.
            It looks like you'd be correct. They both compete in the GLIAC which only has a few teams.

Comment

Speaking of SJU-UST- the two top men's teams in the MIAC are butting heads in Collegeville right now. This is from a half an hour before tipoff. Place is packed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X