X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Are they still playing baseball?? Hadn't noticed.
    What is funny is that people think that MLB would not being playing baseball right now without Covid.... What was Reggie Jackson's nickname? Oh right.... Mr. October. We've even seen the World Series go into November in the last few years too.

Can the Rays beat the Cheatros already? I'm ready for the Rays to be in the World Series with all their former Mariner players.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    D2 alumnus starts at 3B for the Rays - https://twitter.com/i/status/1316241506802507780

Leave a comment:

• 4nick8
    replied
    Looks like the cheaters are still in it albeit down 2-0

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    ALCS - Tampa Bay Rays vs Houston Astros
    NLCS - Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves

2020 Playoff Schedule - https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...aseball-games/

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Someone should write down all of baseball's unwritten rules.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...tten-rules-gre
    Biggest divas in sports.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Someone should write down all of baseball's unwritten rules.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...tten-rules-gre

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Something odd happens when you line up the AL West Division hats in a certain way.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    The Tigers beat the pirates 17-13 in 11 last night. I would bet money that that's the highest scoring game of the season this year.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Barstool Sports
    @BarstoolsTweets4h@Starting9

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Phillies and Blue Jays series postponed after two staff for the Phillies test positive for Covid. I'm glad they postponed the Yankees series after the Marlins visited so the spread is harder to reach them. At least for Phillies if this is all the positive results none of them are players.

Hopefully the Central and West divisions won't be effected by this and avoid positive test results and will be more careful after seeing what it is doing to the NL East teams.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I remember that and ironically Paxon had a bald Eagle land on him there as a Canadian while with Seattle. That bird didn't have enough friends though to charge the mound after that fastball from Randy though. If it had it would have made a great Hitchcock film though.
    Speaking of The Birds- Tippi Hedren was born not far from here. Her real name was Nathalie Kay Hedren.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

After the Civil War, veterans running for office called that "waving the bloody shirt" to get elected.

I saw the video of Randy Johnson disintegrating that pigeon in Toronto. I'm surprised they still don't have him locked up in prison. That'll teach that bird to sneak in without a ticket.
    I remember that and ironically Paxon had a bald Eagle land on him there as a Canadian while with Seattle. That bird didn't have enough friends though to charge the mound after that fastball from Randy though. If it had it would have made a great Hitchcock film though.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Just curious, what color would you call Schilling's sock when he faced the Yankees in the ALS? That may have been a true red sock..
    After the Civil War, veterans running for office called that "waving the bloody shirt" to get elected.

I saw the video of Randy Johnson disintegrating that pigeon in Toronto. I'm surprised they still don't have him locked up in prison. That'll teach that bird to sneak in without a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

Why are they giving the pitcher a bigger penalty for throwing at the 'stros that they did to Houston for cheating? And what did they ever do to the Pink Sox for cheating? That was another joke- but not a funny joke either!
    I agree, although ironically he was on the Pink Sox when it happened. I think that may have been a message to the AL and NL West not to throw at the Astros, although with the M's pitchers if they hit them I'm not sure it is on purpose with their triple A staff for the most part. Just curious, what color would you call Schilling's sock when he faced the Yankees in the ALS? That may have been a true red sock.

That pitch though, about like a Randy Johnson fast ball that was pitched to Kruk in the All Star game. It was so far behind him and Correa had homered earlier in the game so it could have been a pitch that got away that was trying to back him off the plate. It will be interesting if they start going after anyone that pitches up and in on the Astros with suspensions even if it is for in game reasons like that.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X