Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw on the news that the coronavirus is on the decline in China where it began. I'm hoping it will be on decline here in the USA in 2 or 3 months. If so we might have a partial 2020 MLB season.
    Last edited by crixus; 03-21-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Big yikes..... Josh Hamilton has some bad demons in him.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...e-injury-child

Comment

I've been wondering about the MLB draft this year with no HS and college baseball this spring. Yes, some they will know about in players that were drafted and played another year but others that could be drafted were sitting behind someone else and missed a chance to show what they can do. It will be interesting to see how the MLB will address this.

Also back to the sign stealing scandal, good to see the Red Sox lose picks like the Astros.

Comment

Here are all 30 MLB teams ranked by their uniforms. Don't @ me, this is their list. I would put the A's first because they have nice colors, the O's should go back to the real bird on the caps, Astros should go back to the Dorito bags, and they put the Braves & Indians so low because they don't like the continuing use of the native connection. I hate the Dodgers but love their home uniforms. But you decide for yourself, it can be a source of endless arguments.

https://www.insidehook.com/article/s...power-rankings

Comment

Obviously a great list.

Comment

Comment

Arizona doing the same this weekend. That means the spring training homes of all teams available or enough to actually play a Grapefruit League/Cactus League half season with no cross-country flights if they want to do that.

Now hopefully the owners and players can get around the issue of pay. Also in other news, of MLB employees in the Stanford study only 0.7% tested positive so the number of players available is very high.

Comment

Well, right now the Mariners are the only AL team at 0-2. We know that they won't lose 100 games, but already in last place alone. Maybe they can be the first winless team in such a short season? I'm sure it would make Lions fans happy.

Comment

I saw something interesting about the opening weekend of games and quite historic. For the first time in MLB history no team has started out 0-3 to start the season and I'm a bit surprised that it has never happened before.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Just saw a comment on Twitter that Houston doesn't go to LA to play the Dodgers, but do go to play the Angels. He said that a lot of Dodger fans will be going to watch.
                      I know this is old, but thanks to the Pandemic they do. You are getting your wish and it could be interesting after what happened last night in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I know this is old, but thanks to the Pandemic they do. You are getting your wish and it could be interesting after what happened last night in Houston.
                        Why are they giving the pitcher a bigger penalty for throwing at the 'stros that they did to Houston for cheating? And what did they ever do to the Pink Sox for cheating? That was another joke- but not a funny joke either!

Comment

Why are they giving the pitcher a bigger penalty for throwing at the 'stros that they did to Houston for cheating? And what did they ever do to the Pink Sox for cheating? That was another joke- but not a funny joke either!
                          I agree, although ironically he was on the Pink Sox when it happened. I think that may have been a message to the AL and NL West not to throw at the Astros, although with the M's pitchers if they hit them I'm not sure it is on purpose with their triple A staff for the most part. Just curious, what color would you call Schilling's sock when he faced the Yankees in the ALS? That may have been a true red sock.

That pitch though, about like a Randy Johnson fast ball that was pitched to Kruk in the All Star game. It was so far behind him and Correa had homered earlier in the game so it could have been a pitch that got away that was trying to back him off the plate. It will be interesting if they start going after anyone that pitches up and in on the Astros with suspensions even if it is for in game reasons like that.

Comment

Just curious, what color would you call Schilling's sock when he faced the Yankees in the ALS? That may have been a true red sock..
                            After the Civil War, veterans running for office called that "waving the bloody shirt" to get elected.

I saw the video of Randy Johnson disintegrating that pigeon in Toronto. I'm surprised they still don't have him locked up in prison. That'll teach that bird to sneak in without a ticket.

Comment

After the Civil War, veterans running for office called that "waving the bloody shirt" to get elected.

I saw the video of Randy Johnson disintegrating that pigeon in Toronto. I'm surprised they still don't have him locked up in prison. That'll teach that bird to sneak in without a ticket.
                              I remember that and ironically Paxon had a bald Eagle land on him there as a Canadian while with Seattle. That bird didn't have enough friends though to charge the mound after that fastball from Randy though. If it had it would have made a great Hitchcock film though.

Comment

I remember that and ironically Paxon had a bald Eagle land on him there as a Canadian while with Seattle. That bird didn't have enough friends though to charge the mound after that fastball from Randy though. If it had it would have made a great Hitchcock film though.
                                Speaking of The Birds- Tippi Hedren was born not far from here. Her real name was Nathalie Kay Hedren.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X