Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time since 1960, no one was elected to the Hall of Fame. Schilling, Bonds, and Clemens all in their next to last year of eligibility were left out likely due to ties to steroids. The bloody sock, HR record holder, and one of the top strike out pitchers of all time could easily be left out for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
      For the first time since 1960, no one was elected to the Hall of Fame. Schilling, Bonds, and Clemens all in their next to last year of eligibility were left out likely due to ties to steroids. The bloody sock, HR record holder, and one of the top strike out pitchers of all time could easily be left out for good.
      Just read where Schilling asked to be taken off the ballot. His call. He was a player and, obviously, doesn't need the plaudits.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Just read where Schilling asked to be taken off the ballot. His call. He was a player and, obviously, doesn't need the plaudits.
        I saw that too. He definitely deserves it for with his career, but this makes me respect him as a person even more. Maybe they can enshrine last year's selections this summer instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I saw that too. He definitely deserves it for with his career, but this makes me respect him as a person even more. Maybe they can enshrine last year's selections this summer instead.
          Were there any? Seriously, I don't remember.

Comment

As a player he probably deserves in, but when you spread hatred like he has there should be no sympathy for being left out. It's the HOF's decision, not his.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Were there any? Seriously, I don't remember.
              Derek Jeter and Larry Walker were two.

Comment

Cleveland Guardians? I preferred the Spiders. And this is a trick to keep the old name.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  Cleveland Guardians? I preferred the Spiders. And this is a trick to keep the old name.

Guardians? Sounds like a shopping mall security firm. I doesn't fit for baseball, not for me anyway.

??????

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

Guardians? Sounds like a shopping mall security firm. I doesn't fit for baseball, not for me anyway.

??????
                    There are some good articles out there about how the Guardians name relates/has history in the city. Guardians of Traffic bridge in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

??????
                      And they are in the same division with the team with Guaranteed Rate Field. At least the Tribe will live on in Major League and we can see balls fly off the reservation.

Comment

I agree that it's a trick and Spiders would have been a better name. A webbed jersey would look cool.

Last edited by crixus; 07-23-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X