Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alliance of American Football

Anyone interested in the upcoming season? The season is about a month away.

I've noticed several D2 guys on rosters. The Birmingham Iron has players from NWMU and GVSU, among others including Harlon Hill winner Luis Perez from TAMUC.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Re: Alliance of American Football

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
    Anyone interested in the upcoming season? The season is about a month away.

I've noticed several D2 guys on rosters. The Birmingham Iron has players from NWMU and GVSU, among others including Harlon Hill winner Luis Perez from TAMUC.
    Ehh, not too much. I will glance at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
      Ehh, not too much. I will glance at it.
      I hear ya. I'm pretty excited about it. Lots of great players that were skipped over by other pro leagues. The B'ham team is stacked with Bama/SEC alumni.

https://aaf.com/birmingham-iron/roster/
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I will watch primarily to follow Luis Perez. I sat with his family at the games here for 2 years. He is a great kid with a great story.

Comment

I might watch just to see how the talent level is. Not expecting much, though.

I'll probably watch the first game or two and then give up.

At least it is mostly young guys. Not veteran NFL failures.

I still think you're not going to get traction for a second pro football league until you start targeting the 4 and 5-star high school kids, and market yourself as an alternative to college football. Come play for us, make 50k the first year, 100k the second year, 150k the third year to earn money before you get drafted in to the NFL.

Edit: Just noticed that the San Diego Fleet have both Ja'Quan Gardner and Terrell Watson on their team.
          Last edited by KleShreen; 01-09-2019, 02:05 PM.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            I might watch just to see how the talent level is. Not expecting much, though.

I'll probably watch the first game or two and then give up.

At least it is mostly young guys. Not veteran NFL failures.

I still think you're not going to get traction for a second pro football league until you start targeting the 4 and 5-star high school kids, and market yourself as an alternative to college football. Come play for us, make 50k the first year, 100k the second year, 150k the third year to earn money before you get drafted in to the NFL.

Edit: Just noticed that the San Diego Fleet have both Ja'Quan Gardner and Terrell Watson on their team.
            Confused on your first statement. You're not expecting much talent? Even though we all enjoyed watching the colleges these guys played for? Odd.

Your next statement sounds more like the Pacific Pro League they keep trying to get off the ground in California.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...htI/story.html

https://nypost.com/2019/01/07/agent-...otball-league/
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I hear ya. I'm pretty excited about it. Lots of great players that were skipped over by other pro leagues. The B'ham team is stacked with Bama/SEC alumni.

Yeah, I think you have convinced me to watch the first game on TV. I will say, I looked at the Ticket prices, and I think they will price most people out for it not being a pro game.

Comment

Is NO COLLEGE in the SEC?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                  Lol. It's just one player.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Super excited to watch this...I get so bored with baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                      They used to be called Mizzou

Comment

Confused on your first statement. You're not expecting much talent? Even though we all enjoyed watching the colleges these guys played for? Odd.

Your next statement sounds more like the Pacific Pro League they keep trying to get off the ground in California.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...htI/story.html

https://nypost.com/2019/01/07/agent-...otball-league/
                        Yea. Not expecting much because it is a league of guys who have been cut from NFL teams or weren't good enough to get a shot at the NFL in the first place. Just like the UFL was. People aren't going to watch it, just like they didn't watch the UFL. That's why the target should be getting blue chip recruits right out of high school, not guys who have already failed at their NFL shot.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I wouldn't say I'm excited about it but I am intrigued by some of the names showing up on rosters. That gives me hope it will be better than Arena. The Atlanta team has a bunch of guys from Georgia Tech and UGA including QB Aaron Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            Yea. Not expecting much because it is a league of guys who have been cut from NFL teams or weren't good enough to get a shot at the NFL in the first place. Just like the UFL was. People aren't going to watch it, just like they didn't watch the UFL. That's why the target should be getting blue chip recruits right out of high school, not guys who have already failed at their NFL shot.
                            Lol.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X