Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    The National Spelling Bee has been cancelled.

I'm also seeing cancellations of sports I've never heard of before.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    The WWE situation is interesting.

We all know that they will continue to operate from the performance center in Orlando, however their house shows have to be cancelled for the time being. Not only that, the State of Florida or the Federal Government could still shut them down. Furthermore, if one of the performers gets sick - I would expect the performances to shut down completely for a while.

AEW is operating similarly, albeit they don't have their own facilities. I haven't figured out where they are shooting their episodes at, but they could get shut down the same way too.

Impact (the #3 promotion, formerly known as TNA) appears to have shut down completely, as has the NWA.

There are also countless smaller professional and independent organizations, but that's going to take way too much time to look into. I would assume most of them have been cancelled or postponed.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Couple of updates...

-NHRA has officially suspended their season.
    -I thought the PBA previously suspended their season, they did not - but it looks like they have now.
    -UFC situation is confusing. Some fights have been postponed while others haven't?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

Let's just hope there are no toilet paper-related virus outbreaks, aka charminvirus, or we're all in real trouble.
    That wouldn't be good. Kleenex just doesn't have the strength.

Leave a comment:

• CHIP72
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Thankfully my love of toy cars is keeping me busy.

And unlike toilet paper, they are plentiful.
    Let's just hope there are no toilet paper-related virus outbreaks, aka charminvirus, or we're all in real trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Phoenix Suns are continuing to play, but on Twitch via NBA2k. They lost their game to Dallas and have another scheduled this weekend.

There was also the MLB Whiffle Ball game put together by Trevor Baur.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    I heard on WCCO this morning that the Masters will probably be postponed until next year. The guy was explaining how much volunteer work it takes to put it together, and unless things would clear up very soon it would be cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    https://www.si.com/horse-racing/2020...0sCDPmeGvddv9A

They are pushing the Derby back.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Thankfully my love of toy cars is keeping me busy.

And unlike toilet paper, they are plentiful.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

About what we're down too....

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    UFC is officially down. Fights are being postponed.

WrestleMania 36 moved to the Performance Center.

It's wild, when these shutdowns started happening, they were talking as if everything would be back online in a couple weeks. Now it's a couple months.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    UPDATE: The #UMAC announces cancellation of remaining spring sports conference contests as well as tournaments and championships. Full details: http://bit.ly/2WpNizg #NCAAD3 #coronavirus #whyd3

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    EDIT: Wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    COVID-19 Update: Crown College Cancels Remaining 2020 Spring Schedule (athletics)

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post
    Missouri continued our State basketball tourneys until today. Finally cancelled with just the Final 4 for the two biggest classes left to play. Still played the Final 4 for the smaller 3 classes this past weekend with limited # of fans allowed in (150 per team). Played the big class quarterfinals with 60 per team (including players coaches etc)
    They were the final state to cancel their high school basketball tournaments. All 50 states have now done so.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X