Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sport Still Being Played

Here's a sport that hasn't been shut down yet, professional rugby. Super Rugby has teams in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina and Japan and is still in play. You can watch it live on ESPN+ or catch the replays there later. Attendance is down as expected due to coronavirus concerns, but the game goes on.

user generated
    Last edited by crixus; 03-13-2020, 11:39 PM.

Super Rugby highlights clip. https://youtu.be/18LBmi06lhs

Comment

Nevermind. Super Rugby announced today that they'll be suspending operations as of Monday until further notice, due to the coronavirus.
      Last edited by crixus; 03-14-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

The PBA has a major championship on Sunday at 1:30 PM on FS1.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
          The PBA has a major championship on Sunday at 1:30 PM on FS1.
          I never thought I'd be looking forward to watching people bowl, but I am now. Thanks.

Comment

I think we can all use a laugh. That's all this is meant to be, please don't act it out on your own.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239032800541642752

Comment

The United State Lawn Mower Racing Association has indicated that they will continue to hold races, if that's your thing.

Comment

Seeing this thread, I think we are going through sports withdrawls. I saw that Mexican Soccer is also still going and watched Raw again for the first time in years. I realized it felt like the last show of Top Gear with Hammond and May in studio with no audience there, but it did have Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I have to wonder what WrestleMania will be as it is about all the pomp, but what is pomp without fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                  Seeing this thread, I think we are going through sports withdrawls. I saw that Mexican Soccer is also still going and watched Raw again for the first time in years. I realized it felt like the last show of Top Gear with Hammond and May in studio with no audience there, but it did have Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I have to wonder what WrestleMania will be as it is about all the pomp, but what is pomp without fans?
                  I think the state of Florida (I think that's where it's being held) will step in and cancel Wrestlemania, and/our the county where it's located there. Just too many people.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                    The United State Lawn Mower Racing Association has indicated that they will continue to hold races, if that's your thing.
                    It's not my thing, but the sports scene in the USA is so bleak right now that I'd actually tune it to watch it if it's televised or streamed.
                    Last edited by crixus; 03-17-2020, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I think the state of Florida (I think that's where it's being held) will step in and cancel Wrestlemania, and/our the county where it's located there. Just too many people.
                      They already announced that WrestleMania will take place at their training facility with no crowd, streamed live on PPV. Now...I gotta think that's more than 50 people needed to put that on, but maybe they would be separated enough where it doesn't matter. I'm guessing, though, that activities will be more limited by then, and they won't be able to.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

It's not my thing, but the sports scene in the USA is so bleak right now that I'd actually tune it to watch it if it's televised or streamed.
                        It's actually not half bad as far as racing goes. The mowers run pretty fast and the tracks are usually fairly small. There's no suspension and it's a dirt track, so it gets...interesting.

Anyway, I'll have to see if they broadcast races. I'm not sure.

Comment

AEW (the "XFL" of pro-wrestling) has indicated that they will continue to film episodes on a closed set. I think they'd previously tried doing this in Jacksonville but got shut down.

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/po...on-rescheduled

Comment

I found a sport that's actually going forward with it's season. For now that is...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/aus...130219905.html

https://www.afl.com.au/
                            Last edited by crixus; 03-20-2020, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                              AEW (the "XFL" of pro-wrestling) has indicated that they will continue to film episodes on a closed set. I think they'd previously tried doing this in Jacksonville but got shut down.

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/po...on-rescheduled
                              Well, AEW just got another big name last night. Matt Hardy joined Dean Ambrose, Neville, and Y2J as former WWE wrestlers in it. It could become another WCW if they keep signing such big names. Their "limited crowd" was wrestlers watching the matches, but even that crowd noise was better than Raw with no crowd noise.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X