Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Well, AEW just got another big name last night. Matt Hardy joined Dean Ambrose, Neville, and Y2J as former WWE wrestlers in it. It could become another WCW if they keep signing such big names. Their "limited crowd" was wrestlers watching the matches, but even that crowd noise was better than Raw with no crowd noise.
    Yeah, I saw the clip. Looks like his Broken/Woken gimmick is back as well. I didn't follow the Hardys in their last IMPACT run so I never really got into the gimmick. It is a proven moneymaker though so I hope Rhodes lets him run wild with it.

I saw Matt wrestle last year, he's very talented. Supposed to be a tag match with Bray Wyatt, but he got in a shoot car accident on his way to the airport so they re-booked it as a handicap match. Kinda weird seeing one guy with the tag belt walking down to the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yeah, I saw the clip. Looks like his Broken/Woken gimmick is back as well. I didn't follow the Hardys in their last IMPACT run so I never really got into the gimmick. It is a proven moneymaker though so I hope Rhodes lets him run wild with it.

I saw Matt wrestle last year, he's very talented. Supposed to be a tag match with Bray Wyatt, but he got in a shoot car accident on his way to the airport so they re-booked it as a handicap match. Kinda weird seeing one guy with the tag belt walking down to the ring.
      I hope AEW can become big. The Attitude Era was partly so good because WCW and WWE kept driving each other to do better with their competition. Interesting is that D-Generation X and nWo were both formed by members of "The Cliqe" as two of the most popular stables in each.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I hope AEW can become big. The Attitude Era was partly so good because WCW and WWE kept driving each other to do better with their competition. Interesting is that D-Generation X and nWo were both formed by members of "The Cliqe" as two of the most popular stables in each.
        Same here. If both companies can push each other like they did in the mid-late 1990s, wrestling would become quite popular again.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Same here. If both companies can push each other like they did in the mid-late 1990s, wrestling would become quite popular again.
          I never got into wrestling, but I'm glad you guys enjoy it. I think it's good to have something to get our minds off of the coronavirus pandemic for awhile. I've been watching comedy shows and movies. The old saying, "laughter is the best medicine" works for me.

Comment

I found another sport that's still being played. If you like soccer, Australian A League games are being played in empty stadiums and they're streamed on ESPN+.

Comment

IDK if this is anyone's thing, but r/CollegeBasketball is running a simulated march madness in NCAA 2K8

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                I found another sport that's still being played. If you like soccer, Australian A League games are being played in empty stadiums and they're streamed on ESPN+.
                Nevermind, they're postponing the season as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
                  IDK if this is anyone's thing, but r/CollegeBasketball is running a simulated march madness in NCAA 2K8
                  It's a thing now. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I never got into wrestling, but I'm glad you guys enjoy it. I think it's good to have something to get our minds off of the coronavirus pandemic for awhile. I've been watching comedy shows and movies. The old saying, "laughter is the best medicine" works for me.
                    I'm thankful we have it, and we may not have it for much longer.

Comment

Gotta hand it to WWE's marketing team on this one...

Comment

Exclusive: 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed, likely to 2021, veteran IOC member Dick Pound says https://usatoday.com/story/sports/o

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          Exclusive: 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed, likely to 2021, veteran IOC member Dick Pound says https://usatoday.com/story/sports/o
                          I'm not one to make fun of names, but you'd have me believe someone really named their kid "Richard Pound" without considering the consequences? Inconceivable.

Comment

I'm not one to make fun of names, but you'd have me believe someone really named their kid "Richard Pound" without considering the consequences? Inconceivable.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

I think that they were inspired when Richard Trickle, the NASCAR driver, was born.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I think that they were inspired when Richard Trickle, the NASCAR driver, was born.
                                Don't forget Richard Petty too. The King. Speaking of NASCAR, yesterday in lue of their race they had the virtual race on FS1 with real drivers. Could more sports do that too?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X