Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSU had more players picked last night than the whole Pac-12

8 CFB programs had multiple players selected last night in the 1st round #NFLDraft

LSU - 5 Alabama - 4 Ohio State - 3 Georgia - 2 Auburn - 2 Clemson - 2 Oklahoma - 2 TCU - 2

Total Picks by conference SEC - 15 Big 10 - 5 Big 12 - 5 Pac 12 - 4 ACC - 3

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

Great post. Tillman was an old school type of guy at heart and I admire him. He voluntarily put his country ahead of his own ambi$$ions and literally gave all.
      I was too young to understand the Tillman situation when it happened, but since then I've done a lot of reading on him. He was an incredible person.

One of my favorite cards is the 2001 Pacific Brian Mitchell card. Tillman only received five cards during his playing career, two of which are parallel versions. The Mitchell card features Pat Tillman quite prominently, possibly even more than Brian himself. I always thought it was a neat oddball card and one of my favorites because of it.

Comment

Kyle Dugger got drafted. He has to be one of the highest D2 draft picks ever. Anyone ever go higher?

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          Kyle Dugger got drafted. He has to be one of the highest D2 draft picks ever. Anyone ever go higher?
          Not sure. Janoris Jenkins was the highest I know of and he beat Jenkins by two spots. If anyone was a higher pick, it was back in the day.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Laker. I was trying to watch Smackdown and follow the draft at the same time. Dugger got drafted a few minutes before I turned on the TV, so I didn't see many details about it.

Comment

Lamar King was first round in 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Lamar King was first round in 1999.
                  Found a website, plenty of high draft picks 30-40 years ago, nice list of first round picks from D2: https://herosports.com/news/d2-footb...aft-picks-avav.

Looks like Walter Payton and Robert Brazile were the highest ever, at #4 and #6 in first round, both from Jackson State (was D2 from '72-'76). More recently, Hugh Douglas, DE/Central St. in '95 (#16) and John Mobley, OLB/Kutztown in '96 (#15).
                  Last edited by UWFMubbish; 04-25-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

Found a website, plenty of high draft picks 30-40 years ago, nice list of first round picks from D2: https://herosports.com/news/d2-footb...aft-picks-avav.

Looks like Walter Payton and Robert Brazile were the highest ever, at #4 and #6 in first round, both from Jackson State (was D2 from '72-'76). More recently, Hugh Douglas, DE/Central St. in '95 (#16) and John Mobley, OLB/Kutztown in '96 (#15).
                    That info isn’t exactly accurate, as all of the TAMUK guys drafted were when the school competed in the NAIA. Not that that lesens their awesomeness, because the NAIA was actually stacked back then—-but none of those guys were D2.

Having said all that, I can’t believe I forgot about Mobley. My frickin’ team drafted him.

Comment

D3 St John's of Minnesota Ben Bartch picked by Jacksonville in the 4th round.

https://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...l-draft-042520

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

Edit: Did a little more research: TAMUK went DII in 1980, all but two of the TAMUK players (Green and Mayberry) were from NAIA teams (still impressive, though). West Texas was DI until 1985 (MVC member). But Jackson State was DII from '72-'76. Hope this helps.

Comment

And the last player drafted this year, the player the NFL deems “Mr. Irrelevant”, goes to the NY Giants at the 255th selection. This year, “Mr. Irrelevant” is Georgia LB Tae Crowder.

Comment

Jason Kirk, FURLOUGH MODE
                            @thejasonkirk
                            ·
                            40m
                            Usually at least 20 FCS players picked per year. Only 9 this year from all of non-FBS. Lack of pro days was really rough for small schools

Comment

P5 teams without a pick in the 2020 #NFLDraft
                              : • Duke • Iowa State • Kansas State • Oklahoma State • Illinois • Northwestern • Rutgers • Arizona • Ole Miss

Comment

South Dakota Vikings Jake Lacina to make the jump to the Minnesota one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X