Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

Found a website, plenty of high draft picks 30-40 years ago, nice list of first round picks from D2: https://herosports.com/news/d2-footb...aft-picks-avav.

Looks like Walter Payton and Robert Brazile were the highest ever, at #4 and #6 in first round, both from Jackson State (was D2 from '72-'76). More recently, Hugh Douglas, DE/Central St. in '95 (#16) and John Mobley, OLB/Kutztown in '96 (#15).
      Central State (OH) was NAIA during that time, too.
      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Back in 1974, a lawyer who was a season ticket holder wrote a letter to the Browns complaining about fans throwing paper airplanes during the game and that they should put a stop to it. This was their replay.

Comment

I didn't know this.

Comment

Vikings open at home with Green Bay. That game is the closest thing to a college atmosphere that they have every year.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

Central State (OH) was NAIA during that time, too.
              Don’t like citing Wikipedia, but I think Too Tall Jones played at a D2 school when he was at Tenn. State. He was drafted #1 overall in 1974.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John...ican_football)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_%22Too_Tall%22_Jones

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                Vikings open at home with Green Bay. That game is the closest thing to a college atmosphere that they have every year.

2 straight years @Seattle in a night game. Don't forget that on that schedule.

Seattle also has a Sunday Night game hosting New England. I think the Minnesota game is bigger this year. Seattle has 4 prime time games this year with a second bye in a way with a Thursday Night at home followed by a Monday Night at Philly.
                Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 05-07-2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Breaking911
                  @Breaking911
                  · 3m
                  BREAKING: Florida Governor opens state to ANY pro sports team "What I would tell commissioners of leagues is, if you have a team in an area where they just won't let them operate, we'll find a place for you here in the state of Florida."

Comment

Story on why the 49ers didn't change their helmet decal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...go-design-1991

Comment

Another story, this time about the Packers.

http://packersuniforms.blogspot.com/...hat-wasnt.html

Comment

I wonder if the Raiders thought of this first?

South Korea team apologizes for using sex dolls as fans. I don't know why, they are dressed better than a lot of fans I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          I wonder if the Raiders thought of this first?

South Korea team apologizes for using sex dolls as fans. I don't know why, they are dressed better than a lot of fans I've seen.

Better looking than some of my old girlfriends. Lot easier too I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Better looking than some of my old girlfriends. Lot easier too I expect.
                            LOL. I suppose someone complained because one of them was wearing her mask too low.

Comment

Cam Newton to the Patriots on a one year deal... great pickup for the pats to replace the greatest QB of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                                Cam Newton to the Patriots on a one year deal... great pickup for the pats to replace the greatest QB of all time.
                                The Saints and Pats signed Jameis Winston and cam Newton respectively for less combined money than the Lions are giving Chase Daniel to ride the bench...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X