Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Cam Newton to the Patriots on a one year deal... great pickup for the pats to replace the greatest QB of all time.
    Never liked either. It's just more convenient they're together.

Comment

Preseason has been cut in half:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...rtan-ntp-feeds

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        No loss. Season ticket holders will be happy- they were getting ripped off by being charged full price for a scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

No loss. Season ticket holders will be happy- they were getting ripped off by being charged full price for a scrimmage.
          I agree, they can go ahead and eliminate the second half of preseason. Kind of like meaningless fake competition where the stars of the game make short token appearances.

Comment

Larry Fitzgerald has more career tackles (40) than drops (29).

Comment

I'm sure the NFL is still taking a monetary cut somewhere to do this. Not the end of the world but I still find it interesting.

Comment

Lots of talk about making the Redskins change their name. Fed Ex has asked them to do so. Warriors has been put out there- not sure what they will end up doing.

Comment

Comment

Curious why I haven't seen renewed pressure on CLEVELAND baseball. It must be out there.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Curious why I haven't seen renewed pressure on CLEVELAND baseball. It must be out there.
                      They did take Chief Wahoo off of their uniforms. The block C on the caps is pretty boring. I was just watching Major League last night- thinking about how they could never make that movie now. It was funny, including all the major racial groups, and even showed construction workers hugging hippies.

If the Redskins change their name, they may have to get a new spokeswoman.

Comment

The CFL Edmonton Eskimos assess their relationship with the Inuit.

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-eskimos-...name-1.1491882

Comment

Lots of talk about making the Redskins change their name. Fed Ex has asked them to do so. Warriors has been put out there- not sure what they will end up doing.

How about just changing the name from Redskins to Rednecks......a minimal change that projects a whole new identity. It would not offend native americans and all the "crackers" would love it.

Who knows, in the age of Trump, the Washington Rednecks could supplant the Dallas Cowboys as 'America's Team'.
                          Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 07-03-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

How about just changing the name from Redskins to Rednecks......a minimal change that projects a whole new identity. It would not offend native americans and all the "crackers" would love it.

Who knows, in the age of Trump, the Washington Rednecks could supplant the Dallas Cowboys as 'America's Team'.
                            Spending too much time on the internet. I saw that one and Washington Foreskins, Lizard People, Washington Orange Skins in honor to Trump, and the D.C. Redskins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Spending too much time on the internet. I saw that one and Washington Foreskins, Lizard People, Washington Orange Skins in honor to Trump, and the D.C. Redskins.

In honor of Trump - The Washington Cheetos (his skin color and general conduct)

Comment

So, let's think about this. The Washington Redskins do not even play in Washington DC. They play their games at FedEx Field in Hyattsville Maryland, named in honor of a former slave owner, Christopher Clarke Hyatt, yet FedEx finds the term Redskin offensive. FedEx Headquarters is located in Memphis TN, founded by Andrew Jackson.

To be correct, the team should be renamed the Maryland Chesapeake Bay Retrievers (Maryland's state animal) unless peta is pushing Roger Goodell to eliminate all team mascots associated with animals, fish, birds, or mammals. I'm sure Roger would consider making changes.

If in fact that the team still wants to be associated with Washington and be non-offensive, maybe they can be known as the Washington Nothing and they can possibly put a female's face, like Nancy Pelosi's on the sides of the helmets. Now that would be unique.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X