X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle74
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm with this. Drop the DC designation since they don't even play there. Go with Maryland, or go with Chesapeake Bay as a more regional term.
    Yep, a petition should be started!! For true correctness, I'm going with the Maryland Retrievers, or the Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, go dogs!!.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    So, let's think about this. The Washington Redskins do not even play in Washington DC. They play their games at FedEx Field in Hyattsville Maryland, named in honor of a former slave owner, Christopher Clarke Hyatt, yet FedEx finds the term Redskin offensive. FedEx Headquarters is located in Memphis TN, founded by Andrew Jackson.

To be correct, the team should be renamed the Maryland Chesapeake Bay Retrievers (Maryland's state animal) unless peta is pushing Roger Goodell to eliminate all team mascots associated with animals, fish, birds, or mammals. I'm sure Roger would consider making changes.

If in fact that the team still wants to be associated with Washington and be non-offensive, maybe they can be known as the Washington Nothing and they can possibly put a female's face, like Nancy Pelosi's on the sides of the helmets. Now that would be unique.
    It simply a business decision. Companies like FEDEX don't want to be associated with anything vaguely controversial in the view of a large segment of society. Do you honestly think that the state legislature of Mississippi suddenly became enlightened and decided to change their flag ? They were told NO SEC or NCAA tournament games in the state until the change happened. Presto, new flag. As a matter of reality, at this moment the forces of change seem to have a lot of power to make alterations they believe are appropriate and overdue.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    So, let's think about this. The Washington Redskins do not even play in Washington DC. They play their games at FedEx Field in Hyattsville Maryland, named in honor of a former slave owner, Christopher Clarke Hyatt, yet FedEx finds the term Redskin offensive. FedEx Headquarters is located in Memphis TN, founded by Andrew Jackson.

To be correct, the team should be renamed the Maryland Chesapeake Bay Retrievers (Maryland's state animal) unless peta is pushing Roger Goodell to eliminate all team mascots associated with animals, fish, birds, or mammals. I'm sure Roger would consider making changes.
    I'm with this. Drop the DC designation since they don't even play there. Go with Maryland, or go with Chesapeake Bay as a more regional term.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied

If in fact that the team still wants to be associated with Washington and be non-offensive, maybe they can be known as the Washington Nothing and they can possibly put a female's face, like Nancy Pelosi's on the sides of the helmets. Now that would be unique.

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

Spending too much time on the internet. I saw that one and Washington Foreskins, Lizard People, Washington Orange Skins in honor to Trump, and the D.C. Redskins.

In honor of Trump - The Washington Cheetos (his skin color and general conduct)

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

How about just changing the name from Redskins to Rednecks......a minimal change that projects a whole new identity. It would not offend native americans and all the "crackers" would love it.

Who knows, in the age of Trump, the Washington Rednecks could supplant the Dallas Cowboys as 'America's Team'.
    Spending too much time on the internet. I saw that one and Washington Foreskins, Lizard People, Washington Orange Skins in honor to Trump, and the D.C. Redskins.

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Lots of talk about making the Redskins change their name. Fed Ex has asked them to do so. Warriors has been put out there- not sure what they will end up doing.

How about just changing the name from Redskins to Rednecks......a minimal change that projects a whole new identity. It would not offend native americans and all the "crackers" would love it.

Who knows, in the age of Trump, the Washington Rednecks could supplant the Dallas Cowboys as 'America's Team'.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 07-03-2020, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    The CFL Edmonton Eskimos assess their relationship with the Inuit.

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-eskimos-...name-1.1491882

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Curious why I haven't seen renewed pressure on CLEVELAND baseball. It must be out there.
    They did take Chief Wahoo off of their uniforms. The block C on the caps is pretty boring. I was just watching Major League last night- thinking about how they could never make that movie now. It was funny, including all the major racial groups, and even showed construction workers hugging hippies.

If the Redskins change their name, they may have to get a new spokeswoman.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Curious why I haven't seen renewed pressure on CLEVELAND baseball. It must be out there.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Lots of talk about making the Redskins change their name. Fed Ex has asked them to do so. Warriors has been put out there- not sure what they will end up doing.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

No loss. Season ticket holders will be happy- they were getting ripped off by being charged full price for a scrimmage.
    I'm sure the NFL is still taking a monetary cut somewhere to do this. Not the end of the world but I still find it interesting.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Larry Fitzgerald has more career tackles (40) than drops (29).

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied

No loss. Season ticket holders will be happy- they were getting ripped off by being charged full price for a scrimmage.
    I agree, they can go ahead and eliminate the second half of preseason. Kind of like meaningless fake competition where the stars of the game make short token appearances.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X