Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Texas College will not have fall sports.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8c&oe=5F249931

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Things are getting crazy around here.

Kashmir Terror Attack : Loaded Apple Truck Set On Fire In Srinagar ...
    I should have went with comparing apples to jeans so you could go with the Flo-rida song "Low":

"Shawty had them Apple Bottom Jeans"

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    Boise State drops baseball, swimming & diving.

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfs...c5396132a.html
    Wow. Boise State dropped wrestling so that they could add baseball. Now baseball is dropped after playing 14 games.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Boise State drops baseball, swimming & diving.

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfs...c5396132a.html

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Western Michigan adds Stony Brook after Colgate pulls out due to conference travel restrictions.

https://www.mlive.com/broncos/2020/0...on-opener.html

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

No offense to Mankato, but the academic rigor may be slightly different in the Ivy League than there. I agree with the context of not letting any sport compete for a championship if you are going to use academics as a reason but trying to compare Mankato to Ivy Leagues is like comparing apples to trucks.
    MSU doesn't even rank in the top 5 for academic rigor in MN. Don't get me wrong, it's a great school in its own right and serves a vital purpose - but it's not even remotely comparable to anything the Ivy's have to offer.

Cornell is my #1 choice for grad school. I doubt that will happen - but I'm going to try anyway. MSU is the school I intend to go too if every other school in between won't accept me.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'd have to imagine there is some monetary gain to be had somewhere for the NFL or else they wouldn't go through all the trouble of hosting a preseason with fans and whatnot. That's the part that interests me. I don't really care about the football itself.
    I read an article in Sports Illustrated around forty years ago that said if the Minnesota Vikings didn't have even one fan show up for an entire season that they would still make money from TV. I wish I could find that. Of course salaries have gone up along with tickets, parking and concession prices. But that is why NFL owners are billionaires (except for Green Bay).

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

Well, MSU Mankato's football team had an amazing team GPA despite the distractions of reaching the championship game. If the Ivy is that set on not letting football compete for a championship then they should at least be consistent and not let any of their other sports go to post season play. We talk about equality in this country- why that one team out of the many that they sponsor is singled out is beyond me. It would mean that their season would be extended one or two weeks. End disrimination!
    Harvard students actually have to do work to get a good GPA though. Almost as much as SMSU students have too!

(I kid, kinda)

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

No great loss there. The NFL owners have been talking about cutting the pre-season in half for many years. Most of the starters don't see any real playing time in the first two games anyway, with some not playing at all.
    I'd have to imagine there is some monetary gain to be had somewhere for the NFL or else they wouldn't go through all the trouble of hosting a preseason with fans and whatnot. That's the part that interests me. I don't really care about the football itself.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    This list is getting bigger every day.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

No offense to Mankato, but the academic rigor may be slightly different in the Ivy League than there. I agree with the context of not letting any sport compete for a championship if you are going to use academics as a reason but trying to compare Mankato to Ivy Leagues is like comparing apples to trucks.
    Things are getting crazy around here.

Kashmir Terror Attack : Loaded Apple Truck Set On Fire In Srinagar ...

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

Well, MSU Mankato's football team had an amazing team GPA despite the distractions of reaching the championship game. If the Ivy is that set on not letting football compete for a championship then they should at least be consistent and not let any of their other sports go to post season play. We talk about equality in this country- why that one team out of the many that they sponsor is singled out is beyond me. It would mean that their season would be extended one or two weeks. End disrimination!

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

It's not really about the sport. It's the last MEN'S CLUB were the players, future doctors, lawyers, CEOs, CFO,s, can make connections largely without regard to current equality standards. If you were a member of the '10 BROWN FB who beat HARVARD 29-14, you have a stronger connection to the losing CRIMSON players than their classmates do. Winning any championship beyond the league championship would be an afterthought. The other sports in the IVIES have no where near the same status.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

I remember reading that they don't participate because they want their students to concentrate on their finals or something in that regard. Unlike some other schools, athletes have to take their education very seriously in the Ivy League or they won't last long. I respect that, although I too would like to see them in the FCS playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

I remember reading that they don't participate because they want their students to concentrate on their finals or something in that regard. Unlike some other schools, athletes have to take their education very seriously in the Ivy League or they won't last long. I respect that, although I too would like to see them in the FCS playoffs.
    Fascinating look back at the powerhouses when COLLEGE FOOTBALL, BOXING and MLB were the only games in town.

https://tiptop25.com/top25s_1901_1935.html

Amazing how many IVIES and NYC teams made these lists. And 1921 #4 W&J !!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X