X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...cid=spartanntp

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      No great loss there. The NFL owners have been talking about cutting the pre-season in half for many years. Most of the starters don't see any real playing time in the first two games anyway, with some not playing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

No great loss there. The NFL owners have been talking about cutting the pre-season in half for many years. Most of the starters don't see any real playing time in the first two games anyway, with some not playing at all.
        Agreed. Charging season ticket holders full price for a glorified scrimmage is an insult.

Comment

• D3 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps will not play football this fall.

https://www.cmsathletics.org/general...20200701pevs0m

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
            D3 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps will not play football this fall.

https://www.cmsathletics.org/general...20200701pevs0m
            My old girlfriend Mila went to Scripps. She got caught sneaking back into her dorm (they had a midnight curfew during weeknights back then) after we spent the night out at a Molly Hatchet & Outlaws concert at the Long Beach Arena.

Rock on!

Comment

• Mexico cancels baseball season

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...virus-pandemic

Comment

• Ivy League will make their decision about football on July 8th. I could've waited until then and posted the outcome, but I'm impatient. ;)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzag.../#91abf3a60370

Go Big Green!

Comment

Ivy League will make their decision about football on July 8th. I could've waited until then and posted the outcome, but I'm impatient. ;)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzag.../#91abf3a60370

Go Big Green!
                  The Ivy is in a unique position since they wrongly don't participate in the FCS playoffs anyway. I don't know why they hate football players so much- all of their other athletes have an opportunity to become a national champion.

Comment

The Ivy is in a unique position since they wrongly don't participate in the FCS playoffs anyway. I don't know why they hate football players so much- all of their other athletes have an opportunity to become a national champion.
                    I remember reading that they don't participate because they want their students to concentrate on their finals or something in that regard. Unlike some other schools, athletes have to take their education very seriously in the Ivy League or they won't last long. I respect that, although I too would like to see them in the FCS playoffs.
                    Last edited by crixus; 07-01-2020, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I remember reading that they don't participate because they want their students to concentrate on their finals or something in that regard. Unlike some other schools, athletes have to take their education very seriously in the Ivy League or they won't last long. I respect that, although I too would like to see them in the FCS playoffs.
                      Fascinating look back at the powerhouses when COLLEGE FOOTBALL, BOXING and MLB were the only games in town.

https://tiptop25.com/top25s_1901_1935.html

Amazing how many IVIES and NYC teams made these lists. And 1921 #4 W&J !!!!

Comment

Well, MSU Mankato's football team had an amazing team GPA despite the distractions of reaching the championship game. If the Ivy is that set on not letting football compete for a championship then they should at least be consistent and not let any of their other sports go to post season play. We talk about equality in this country- why that one team out of the many that they sponsor is singled out is beyond me. It would mean that their season would be extended one or two weeks. End disrimination!

Comment

Well, MSU Mankato's football team had an amazing team GPA despite the distractions of reaching the championship game. If the Ivy is that set on not letting football compete for a championship then they should at least be consistent and not let any of their other sports go to post season play. We talk about equality in this country- why that one team out of the many that they sponsor is singled out is beyond me. It would mean that their season would be extended one or two weeks. End disrimination!
                          It's not really about the sport. It's the last MEN'S CLUB were the players, future doctors, lawyers, CEOs, CFO,s, can make connections largely without regard to current equality standards. If you were a member of the '10 BROWN FB who beat HARVARD 29-14, you have a stronger connection to the losing CRIMSON players than their classmates do. Winning any championship beyond the league championship would be an afterthought. The other sports in the IVIES have no where near the same status.

Comment

No offense to Mankato, but the academic rigor may be slightly different in the Ivy League than there. I agree with the context of not letting any sport compete for a championship if you are going to use academics as a reason but trying to compare Mankato to Ivy Leagues is like comparing apples to trucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

No offense to Mankato, but the academic rigor may be slightly different in the Ivy League than there. I agree with the context of not letting any sport compete for a championship if you are going to use academics as a reason but trying to compare Mankato to Ivy Leagues is like comparing apples to trucks.
                              Things are getting crazy around here.

Kashmir Terror Attack : Loaded Apple Truck Set On Fire In Srinagar ...

Comment

• This list is getting bigger every day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X