Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

California has 3 FCS football teams - Sacramento State, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and UC Davis. All of them play in the Big Sky Conference. Somebody needs to update the Wikipedia page where you got that information from.
    There are also only 9 Division II schools in Minnesota.

Comment

• Sun Belt championship game b/w Coastal Carolina & Louisiana canceled because of COVID issues w/Coastal. They have been designated as co-champions.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        Aloha Stadium to close indefinitely - leaving UH without a stadium in 2021 and 2022.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/1...enance-issues/

They should do what SMSU does and keep a spare football stadium on hand - just in case.
        That may be for the good as the stadium is falling apart. Even the NFL left there for the pro-bowl a few years ago for that reason.

Comment

UCLA and Stanford have turned down bowl bids before they were offered. I understand the decision, but I feel bad for the Seniors.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...all-bowl-games
          Remember, no one lost a year of eligibility this year in fall and winter sports. I think that is also why they gave the waver to all D1 transfers to play this year in college basketball. I don't expect all seniors to leave, but some will come back for that last year of eligibility,

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
            Sun Belt championship game b/w Coastal Carolina & Louisiana canceled because of COVID issues w/Coastal. They have been designated as co-champions.
            That's too bad, I was looking forward to watching that game.

Comment

• Good video about my alma mater and all they've been through because of Covid-19. Go Spartans!

https://www.facebook.com/MountainWes...66537754177471
              Last edited by crixus; 12-18-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Big men's basketball game postponed, Villanova vs Virginia at Madison Square Garden.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-is-postponed/
                Last edited by crixus; 12-18-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

That may be for the good as the stadium is falling apart. Even the NFL left there for the pro-bowl a few years ago for that reason.
                  Yeah, that's what I think too. It's unfortunate for the program as Hawaii doesn't have an abundance of large football stadiums, but I think they'll manage just fine.

As I understand it, it was getting way too costly to maintain it. I'm sure COVID made that worse with no game revenue coming in, if that's a factor.

Comment

California has 3 FCS football teams - Sacramento State, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and UC Davis. All of them play in the Big Sky Conference. Somebody needs to update the Wikipedia page where you got that information from.
                    That was a typo on my end. They have four:

Sac State
                    Cal Poly
                    UC Davis
                    San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

There are also only 9 Division II schools in Minnesota.
                      Again a typo on my end, I don't know where I got 22 from. 9 is correct.

To my knowledge, the only misaccurate information in the Wikipedia pages I looked at was listing APU as having a football program, but it will get corrected eventually.

Comment

That was a typo on my end. They have four:

Sac State
                        Cal Poly
                        UC Davis
                        San Diego
                        That's OK, I forgot about San Diego too and I live in SoCal. They're usually pretty good but you don't hear about them much. USC and UCLA get most of the press here, with San Diego State to a lesser extent.

Comment

That's OK, I forgot about San Diego too and I live in SoCal. They're usually pretty good but you don't hear about them much. USC and UCLA get most of the press here, with San Diego State to a lesser extent.
                          I have to keep reminding myself that they have a program, they just don't seem like the type of school to have football. It's neat nonetheless.

Comment

Again a typo on my end, I don't know where I got 22 from. 9 is correct.

To my knowledge, the only misaccurate information in the Wikipedia pages I looked at was listing APU as having a football program, but it will get corrected eventually.
                            I tried to update the Azusa Pacific page two days ago, but I think the person in charge of sports doesn't like it when reader's beat him to it. A few years ago I tried to make an update when Northwest Nazarene changed their nickname from Crusaders to Nighthawks and the person in charge at Wikipedia threatened to suspend me from making edits. I showed him three different sources that they did indeed change their nickname. After all that he finally corrected the page. I was just trying to help, but I think it was all about ego with that one guy or gal at Wikipedia.
                            Last edited by crixus; 12-18-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I tried to update the Azusa Pacific page two days ago, but I think the person in charge of sports doesn't like it when reader's beat him to it. A few years ago I tried to make an update when Northwest Nazarene changed their nickname from Crusaders to Nighthawks and the person in charge at Wikipedia threatened to suspend me from making edits. I showed him three different sources that they did indeed change their nickname. After all that he finally corrected the page. I was just trying to help, but I think it was all about ego with that one guy or gal at Wikipedia.
                              Wow, that's kinda sad.

Comment

• Utah just opts out of bowl games.
                                Teams that have opted out of the postseason so far that I have record of:

BC
                                Florida State
                                Georgia Tech
                                Kansas State
                                Louisville
                                Pitt
                                San Diego State
                                Stanford
                                UCLA
                                Utah
                                Virginia
                                Virginia Tech