Pitt
    San Diego State
    Stanford
    UCLA
    Utah
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Washington State

LSU opted out to "penalize" themselves before the NCAA did. Were going to see some teams with losing records playing in bowl games this year, inc. less than average SEC teams.

https://www.secsports.com/clubhouse/football
    Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

• San Francisco 49ers to spend the rest of the season in Arizona.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...9-restrictions

Comment

• Updated- Saturday, Dec 19 7:30 AM. Please add to the list if you get anyone new.
        Teams that have opted out of the postseason so far that I have record of:

Arizona State (added)
        Boise State (added)
        BC
        Florida State
        Georgia Tech
        Kansas State
        LSU (self imposed restriction) Thanks crixus!
        Louisville
        Minnesota (added)
        Penn State (added)
        Pitt
        San Diego State
        SMU (added)
        Stanford
        UCLA
        USC (added)
        Utah
        Virginia
        Virginia Tech
        Washington (added)
        Washington State

The Rose Bowl is getting moved to Texas.

Gophers aren't going. Good. They didn't deserve it and wouldn't have brought fans along even if they were allowed.

I read that Oregon & Colorado were the only two Pac-12 teams to go bowling, I just haven't read anything official. I hope that people know that regardless of record you are eligible this year. Maybe New Mexico State, who didn't play this fall, should volunteer to go.

Last edited by laker; 12-20-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
          San Francisco 49ers to spend the rest of the season in Arizona.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...9-restrictions
          And in semi-related news, the Rose Bowl game of the CFP will be played in Dallas at Jerry World.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
            Updated- Saturday, Dec 19 7:30 AM. Please add to the list if you get anyone new.

BC
            Florida State
            Georgia Tech
            Kansas State
            Louisville
            Penn State (added)
            Pitt
            San Diego State
            SMU (added)
            Stanford
            UCLA
            USC (added)
            Utah
            Virginia
            Virginia Tech
            Washington (added)
            Washington State

Do you really want to include a 1-3 WSU team in that? They shouldn't even be sniffing a Bowl game and this is from a fan of them. It is a bit like when Louisville basketball put self sanctions on themselves during a season where they were playing bad and wouldn't make the tournament anyway.

Comment

Updated- Saturday, Dec 19 7:30 AM. Please add to the list if you get anyone new.

BC
              Florida State
              Georgia Tech
              Kansas State
              Louisville
              Penn State (added)
              Pitt
              San Diego State
              SMU (added)
              Stanford
              UCLA
              USC (added)
              Utah
              Virginia
              Virginia Tech
              Washington (added)
              Washington State

Hey laker, did you see my underdog Spartans knock off mighty Boise State in the MW Championship game? San Jose State will play MAC champ Ball State in the Arizona Bowl on New Year's Eve.

https://www.facebook.com/SanJoseStat...4048019565814/

Last edited by crixus; 12-20-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

And in semi-related news, the Rose Bowl game of the CFP will be played in Dallas at Jerry World.
                Jerry Jones will always find a way to make money. He's the J.R. Ewing of football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Do you really want to include a 1-3 WSU team in that? They shouldn't even be sniffing a Bowl game and this is from a fan of them. It is a bit like when Louisville basketball put self sanctions on themselves during a season where they were playing bad and wouldn't make the tournament anyway.
                  I've been a WSU fan since high school. The List comes for all.

Comment

Hey laker, did you see my underdog Spartans knock off mighty Boise State in the MW Championship game? San Jose State will play MAC champ Ball State in the Arizona Bowl on New Year's Eve.
                    Oh yes. Enjoyed seeing it happen. Glad that Ball State came out of nowhere to win the MAC too. Iowa State had been the feel good story of the season, but now that belongs to the Spartans.

How about a Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, and SJSU D1 playoff? Throw a one loss Indiana in there. Put some new blood in there instead of the same old same old bias. It would be more interesting.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/SanJoseStat...4048019565814/

crixus , I watched the game. I was really impressed by SJSU!

Comment

Oh yes. Enjoyed seeing it happen. Glad that Ball State came out of nowhere to win the MAC too. Iowa State had been the feel good story of the season, but now that belongs to the Spartans.

How about a Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, and SJSU D1 playoff? Throw a one loss Indiana in there. Put some new blood in there instead of the same old same old bias. It would be more interesting.
                        I like your ideas and nominate you for Commissioner. Boise State just opted out of a bowl game too (whiny babies).
                        Last edited by crixus; 12-20-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wssuram View Post

crixus , I watched the game. I was really impressed by SJSU!
                          Thank you. Boise State never stood a chance. ;) Just kidding. I hope SJSU can keep their mojo going for one more game, Ball State is very good.

Comment

• 9-2 Army won't be going to a bowl, being passed over by teams that won 2 and 3 games.

When bowls start acting like bowels, get rid of them.

Comment

9-2 Army won't be going to a bowl, being passed over by teams that won 2 and 3 games.

When bowls start acting like bowels, get rid of them.
                              https://www.recordonline.com/story/s...ce/3986261001/

Apparently, that contract prevented Army from getting an opportunity outside of Shreveport. The mass opt outs by the Pac 12 teams all but doomed the Knights getting their opportunity this season as the Independence Bowl cancelled this season's edition.

If this doesn't tell you that the Four Letter Nitwits in Bristol have WAY too much power over the college football postseason, then I don't know what does.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Not sports, but here's an interesting article about the financial impact COVID is having on schools.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...id-and-red-ink

They make an interesting albeit bold prediction - 1/3rd of private schools will either have to close or merge in the next few years. I don't see that happening personally, but I do think the closures will trickle in at a higher rate than they otherwise would have.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X