Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Didn't UC-Davis have a shutdown as well??
    I think so, but they aren't WCC. Oregon also appears to be shut down yet again with tonight's UCLA game postponed. A little caveat to Santa Clara, earlier this month they were to play in Spokane and weren't able to travel there postponing that game. The make up game for that is in these 4 games, but if the release goes as scheduled they will still play Gonzaga at home and possibly play a Tuesday game in Spokane based on what the conference has done for BYU and all its postponed games from opponents getting Covid with no breaks available pre-conference tourney.

Comment

• Indiana Wesleyan is #1 in NAIA Basketball Ratings and is 23-1 on the season. 24 games played and no deaths, illness, etc. NCAA went too far on their protocols for D-II and D-III IMO. D-I can afford the outline, but small schools need some room to breathe.

Comment

• Japanese Prime Minister determined to host Olympics despite cancellation rumors, Covid-19 spikes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/japan-prime...194052266.html

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
          Japanese Prime Minister determined to host Olympics despite cancellation rumors, Covid-19 spikes.

Am I alone or are other people also fed up with the Olympics? Too expensive, corrupt, too political, filled with activities that I can't even classified as sports. They were special when I was a kid- now I just wait for the nightly sports to find out who won- if even that.

Comment

Japanese Prime Minister determined to host Olympics despite cancellation rumors, Covid-19 spikes.

I saw this a few days ago. If they do the Olympics in a bubble like the NBA/NHL/NCAA Tournament I see it possible, but also Japan has been hit very hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Am I alone or are other people also fed up with the Olympics? Too expensive, corrupt, too political, filled with activities that I can't even classified as sports. They were special when I was a kid- now I just wait for the nightly sports to find out who won- if even that.
              You're not alone, there's many things about the Olympic games that I don't like. But there are certain sports that I like to watch, so I follow the schedule and only watch them. As far as the Summer games go I watch rugby, track & field, basketball and some of the swimming events. I still feel national pride when our men and women step up on the medal podium. But I like the games less now than I used to.
              Last edited by crixus; 01-30-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• UC San Diego @ Long Beach State MBB - both of their weekend games were postponed due to Covid-19 protocol in LA county.
                Last edited by crixus; 01-30-2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Comment

• I am just a very big kid.

I agree. I loved going to watch the Twins as long as they played at the Met well into adulthood. Same with the Gophers at Memorial Stadium & Williams Arena. The Metrodome not so much. Target Field, as nice as it is, doesn't hold the same charm.

Break dancing is not a sport. Baseball & softball are.

Comment

I am just a very big kid.

I agree. I loved going to watch the Twins as long as they played at the Met well into adulthood. Same with the Gophers at Memorial Stadium & Williams Arena. The Metrodome not so much. Target Field, as nice as it is, doesn't hold the same charm.

Agree. It is harder for me to get into the events that are purely based on judging. Some are better than others.

Comment

UC San Diego @ Long Beach State MBB - both of their weekend games were postponed due to Covid-19 protocol in LA county.
                        Same with USD at Loyola Marymount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Agree. It is harder for me to get into the events that are purely based on judging. Some are better than others.
                          Mostly the same, but figure skating and gymnastics definitely both require athletic moves. The jumps require lots of leg strength in both sports and both require a great deal of balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Mostly the same, but figure skating and gymnastics definitely both require athletic moves. The jumps require lots of leg strength in both sports and both require a great deal of balance.

Comment

• And can leave you more upset! Think about Roy Jones Jr in 1988 losing the gold medal to a Korean he had obviously beat in Boxing. Boxing, that's another sport that requires more muscle and agility than baseball and decided by judges except in the case of a KO.

Comment

I am just a very big kid.

I don't consider synchronized swimming as a sport either, but the Olympic committee does. Although I did enjoy the SNL video starring Martin Short where they made fun of it. It was very funny!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X