Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members of the Oklahoma City Thunder roster and basketball operations staff were given their first COVID-19 vaccine doses on Tuesday.

Comment

• Since most will eventually get the Covid-19 vaccine, here's an interesting article about the side effects you should expect depending on your age, sex and dose.

??????https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-vacc...223253330.html

Comment

• The NFL told clubs it plans to eliminate some restrictions from its current COVID-19 protocols for vaccinated players, coaches and personnel in a memo sent to the 32 teams Wednesday and obtained by ESPN and other media outlets.

Comment

• FCS Albany opts out of further spring football games.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...on/4826162001/

Comment

• The Nationals lost Juan Soto hours before last year's season opener.

Comment

• President Joe Biden, as part of an interview with ESPN's Sage Steele, called it "a mistake" for the Rangers to open their stadium at full capacity for Opening Day.

Comment

• That does seem pretty reckless, though I hope people attend responsibly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

That does seem pretty reckless, though I hope people attend responsibly.
                  Texas has always been reckless, unfortunately.

Comment

• North American Rugby League Launches

March 31, 2021 - News Release

Our new North American professional rugby league competition launches today called the North American Rugby League. The 'NARL' will be a 14-team competition that will play its first round of games on the weekend of June 19 in Brooklyn and June 20 in Las Vegas.

Teams from across the States will compete in two conferences, the East Coast Conference comprising of the Atlanta Rhinos, Boston Thirteens, Brooklyn Kings, Cleveland Rugby League, New York Rugby League and Washington Cavalry. The West Coast Conference is made up of the Austin Armadillos, Las Vegas Blackjacks, Phoenix Venom, Portland Loggers, San Diego Swell and San Francisco Rush. Due to Covid-19 regulations, a 'Canada Cup' will be played between the Toronto Wolfpack and Ottawa Aces before both teams enter the East Coast Conference in 2022.

All games will be broadcast through the NARL's exclusive online streaming partner, SportsFlick. In 2021 due to Covid-19 regulations, all games will be played in a 'Single Venue' style that will see all teams in their respective conference play in one stadium on one day with no fans to keep everybody safe.

Speaking ahead of the launch, the NARL's Head of Operations, Robert Curtis, said "I'm delighted to introduce the North America Rugby League to rugby league fans around the world in what we firmly believe is the next big evolutionary step for Rugby League."

"The NARL is the culmination of years of research and market testing and has been designed to bring you the hardest hitting, fastest and most exciting sport on the planet. Matches begin this summer. It's time to get excited about a new class of contact sport."

Further information can be found on https://www.narugbyleague.com/ or by following our social media accounts at:

Comment

• The Washington Nationals-New York Mets Opening Day game, which was set to kick off in the nation's capital on Thursday night, will reportedly be postponed due to COVID-19 protocols, per ESPN's Buster Olney. Why it matters: More than one year after the first professional sports game was canceled due to COVID-19, it's a reminder that the pandemic is still disrupting everyday life � especially as fourth wave of infections driven by new variants looms over the country.Get market news worthy of your time with Axios Markets. Subscribe for free.The big picture: This year's 162-game schedule was set to begin this afternoon in the Bronx, after the pandemic shortened the MLB season to 60 games last year.The league saw just 17 positive tests out of 72,751 conducted (0.02%) last Friday. But five Nationals are currently in quarantine due to a positive test � a reminder of how fragile any sense of stability will be.

Comment

• The FCS game of the year in my opinion - South Dakota State vs North Dakota State scheduled for April 3rd has been postponed. :( Postponed means it might be rescheduled. I sure hope so!

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
                          The FCS game of the year in my opinion - South Dakota State vs North Dakota State scheduled for April 3rd has been postponed. :( Postponed means it might be rescheduled. I sure hope so!
                          Crazy to think that matchup was the last football game I attended over a year and a half ago. It was a blast though.

It was my first D1 game too, oddly enough.

Comment

Texas has always been reckless, unfortunately.
                            What frustrates me - and a lot of people, is this type of behavior is what got us into this mess into the first place. I'm not a huge fan of lockdowns either and I support safely reopening, but that's too much too quickly and that type of stuff will inevitably prolong this thing.

I won't say more than that so we don't derail the thread - but it's a little ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Crazy to think that matchup was the last football game I attended over a year and a half ago. It was a blast though.

It was my first D1 game too, oddly enough.
                              I sure hope they make the game up because this is the first time in recent memory that I think the Jackrabbits will win.

Comment

I sure hope they make the game up because this is the first time in recent memory that I think the Jackrabbits will win.
                                Yeah, though it's always a great pairing.

I was at the KFC after the game and I overheard some Bison fans saying "We got them this time, but we'll see them again in the playoffs - and that might not go so well."

Oddly enough, I think it was USD who upended the Jacks that year. They really know how to rain on other teams' parades.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X