Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern New Hampshire University is cutting tuition by 2/3:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/health/coronavirus/snhu-to-cut-tuition-from-31-000-to-10-000-revamp-on-campus-learning/article_03612259-97b8-5ff6-9e1c-134b8e8d375d.html

SNHU does have an athletic program - they are currently a non-football member of the Northeast 10.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      Southern New Hampshire University is cutting tuition by 2/3:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/health/coronavirus/snhu-to-cut-tuition-from-31-000-to-10-000-revamp-on-campus-learning/article_03612259-97b8-5ff6-9e1c-134b8e8d375d.html

SNHU does have an athletic program - they are currently a non-football member of the Northeast 10.
      I can only assume they have beaucoup $$$ since they are constantly running 30 second spots in NYC media market.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I can only assume they have beaucoup $$$ since they are constantly running 30 second spots in NYC media market.
        Inside Higher Ed says their enrollment was ~130,000 in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Inside Higher Ed says their enrollment was ~130,000 in 2018.

Comment

I see a lot of advertisements for their online stuff.

Comment

Akron makes big cuts.

https://www.cleveland.com/education/...-pandemic.html

Comment

Most of the MAC should go FCS or D2. I saw a picture this year of either an Akron or Toledo game and there was ONE person one one side of the stadium, as in one fan. I didn't see the other side, but people said there were 500 people on that side, as in 501 people at the game. Yes, that low. I get playing body bag games and all that, but after awhile you gotta quit the D-1 charade of 6-figure coaches to work in front of 500 fans, while you cut half the colleges at your university.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                  Most of the MAC should go FCS or D2. I saw a picture this year of either an Akron or Toledo game and there was ONE person one one side of the stadium, as in one fan. I didn't see the other side, but people said there were 500 people on that side, as in 501 people at the game. Yes, that low. I get playing body bag games and all that, but after awhile you gotta quit the D-1 charade of 6-figure coaches to work in front of 500 fans, while you cut half the colleges at your university.
                  I've long thought that the MAC would make a great FCS league. Take a look at the attendance figures and overall that is not a FBS league. They could still get a payout game. I have no idea how Eastern Michigan football survived.

Remember when Northern Illinois was trying to get into the Big 12? Even then their attendance wasn't big enough to justify that fantasy.

Comment

Sinclair Community College in Ohio had cancelled sports for next year. Evidently they have 18,000 students and unlike the local MN two year schools give scholarships.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...dpiHCNYYcPN9I/

Comment

NAIA Holy Family College in Wisconsin is closing permanently due to unstable enrollment and virus concerns.

https://www.htrnews.com/story/sports...re/3079172001/

Comment

No doubt. Too much expense and too difficult to maintain an adequate fan base when located in the environs of Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, etc. Probably better for them to drop to the FCS level.

Comment

Yup.

They pioneered the idea of non-profit schools using the for-profit model. Arizona State and Purdue do the same thing, as does Grand Canyon University (kinda).

They do have an on-campus enrollment of like 4,000 or something. Their total enrollment puts them in the top three largest schools in the country.

Comment

Well, Ohio Gov. DeWine made big cuts to education today. This affects K-12 and all public colleges and universities. So, if the MAC schools were already hurting, it just got worse.

Comment

There's only 4,000 or so students on campus, according to what I saw online, so there's a LOT of online students at SNHU.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yup.

They pioneered the idea of non-profit schools using the for-profit model. Arizona State and Purdue do the same thing, as does Grand Canyon University (kinda).

They do have an on-campus enrollment of like 4,000 or something. Their total enrollment puts them in the top three largest schools in the country.
                                I visited the Southern New Hampshire University campus when I was in Manchester, NH several years ago. I went out on my morning run and crossed the bridge to go check it out. It's a very nice looking mostly brick and mortar campus. https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=close
                                Last edited by crixus; 05-07-2020, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X