Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AHL Board of Governors has voted to cancel the remainder of the 2019-20 AHL regular season and the 2020 Calder Cup Playoffs due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        MLB is talking about an 80 game season to start around July 1. Has anyone actually made an official announcement about NBA and NHL just cancelling the season or are they still hoping to have playoffs? It seems less likely with every passing day.
        80 games is cool. I don't really start following MLB until after the All Star Break anyway. IMHO, the MLB is tooooooooooooo long.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

We do at SMSU too, but I think the difference is how schools are targeting students. We don't really shoot for a nationwide audience like Purdue or SNHU does.

GCU is interesting. They were a non-profit who sold to a for-profit, then re-gained non-profit status a couple years ago. I believe they are now a non-profit branch of a for-profit company. Confusing.
          You kids have it so easy today. Back in my day (the 80's) we didn't have Google, Wikipedia or even the internet to copy and paste our way to degrees. We had to actually do our own research. Now get the hell off my lawn! :)

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
            Wow, that's too bad. I hate to see athletic programs go under for any reason.

At West Virginia University the AD and the head coaches of the football, men's & women's basketball and baseball programs agreed to take a 10% pay cut to help out the school. And all the other employees at WVU (who aren't making millions) agreed to take a 2.5% pay cut as well.
            Last edited by crixus; 05-11-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

You kids have it so easy today. Back in my day (the 80's) we didn't have Google, Wikipedia or even the internet to copy and paste our way to degrees. We had to actually do our own research. Now get the hell off my lawn! :)
              Haha!

Actually, I've seen a few videos of kids getting nailed in some pretty creative ways for cheating. Some of the profs are pretty sneaky :D

Comment

Rugby is back. Yay! I love rugby...it's the Father of American football. With rugby returning I'm starting to think football just might be back in play this fall.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/52620250

Comment

Lots of people have been keeping an eye on rugby in New Zealand before getting their hopes up about football starting this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    MLB is talking about an 80 game season to start around July 1. Has anyone actually made an official announcement about NBA and NHL just cancelling the season or are they still hoping to have playoffs? It seems less likely with every passing day.
                    Best case scenario, they may even be able to have fans in stands in mid July here on our phase reversal plan. I think they'd just do a short season like if a strike or lockout had shortened season, but with talking multiple double headers I understand why also a DH in NL this year proposed. Less rest days for pitchers and keeping them from batting would help.

I'm very glad they delayed the NHL team for Seattle from this fall to next fall with everything going on when they announced the team. No way they could be competitive year one like Vegas was.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

D2 is not a good fit for most private universities. There are too many partial scholarships. Tuition is much higher at private schools than at their public counterparts. A 10% scholarship at GCU leaves student with a lot more debt than a 10% scholarship at CWU. This difference creates a big recruiting problem.
                      Well, APU is private and in the conference.

Comment

• Nothing about UFC back? Well guess what, there was a PPV last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Well, APU is private and in the conference.

Comment

• I watched WWE's "Money In The Bank" Pay-Per-View on Sunday.

Contestants had to start at the bottom of company headquarters and work their way to the top. They ran both men's and women's matches at the same time. It was weird. Only could coronavirus inspire this (post-2001 or so, anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                              I watched WWE's "Money In The Bank" Pay-Per-View on Sunday.

Contestants had to start at the bottom of company headquarters and work their way to the top. They ran both men's and women's matches at the same time. It was weird. Only could coronavirus inspire this (post-2001 or so, anyway).
                              The guy who won the men's match, Otis, wrestled collegiately for CSU-Pueblo.

The spot everyone talks about features a former NWMSU Bearcat chucking two dudes off the roof.

D2 sure is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

Google.0

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X