Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post
    The CFL won't start until September- or may not this year at all.

https://fbschedules.com/cfl-may-begi...2020-grey-cup/

I saw my first CFL in person game last June in Winnipeg, not knowing that they would become the Grey Cup champs.

I have an invitation to see the Saskatchewan Roughriders but that will be delayed until at least 2021.
    I've followed the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (the team Winnipeg beat in last year's Grey Cup) for a long time. They kicked butt all season long and then choked in that championship game. It was very frustrating. I've been to Canada three times (Vancouver, Windsor and Calgary), but never to a CFL game. Maybe someday...
    Last edited by crixus; 05-22-2020, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• Minnesota State Fair has been cancelled. This is normally ten days ending on Labor Day and draws over 2 million people, so it is a big deal.

Comment

• Yeah, Ohio State Fair was also cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
          Yeah, Ohio State Fair was also cancelled.
          California's has been cancelled as well. Are there any states that haven't cancelled them?

Comment

• The University of Alabama-Huntsville has dropped their hockey program.

EDIT: Men's and Women's tennis has dropped as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              The University of Alabama-Huntsville has dropped their hockey program.

Yes- I'm not surprised. Now what will happen with the Alaska teams?

https://uahchargers.com/news/2020/5/...eductions.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

California's has been cancelled as well. Are there any states that haven't cancelled them?
                California should be canceled

Comment

Alaska Anchorage and Alaska Fairbanks will hold on to hockey and basketball, they pay for the other sports.

Comment

The University of Alabama-Huntsville has dropped their hockey program.

Weren't they the southern most college hockey program (not counting club teams)?

Comment

Weren't they the southern most college hockey program (not counting club teams)?
                      Technically, Arizona State is further south... but not "southern".

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

California should be canceled
                        Then I wouldn't have anywhere to go once I escape from the nonsense that is the Midwest.

Comment

They were for 13(?) years until Arizona State joined them. Otherwise, every college hockey team is in the midwest/northeast/Colorado/Alaska, I believe.

Comment

The program was revived from the dead once, so I have a sliver of hope. It may take a few years though. I was really hoping to get to see them play BSU some year, oh well.

I always had a soft spot for the Chargers. Until ASU moved up, they were the only program in the south. Alabama-Huntsville is a very small school compared to some of the other behemoths down south, so I always thought their program was endearing. Just not enough fan/monetary support it seems.

Comment

The program was revived from the dead once, so I have a sliver of hope. It may take a few years though. I was really hoping to get to see them play BSU some year, oh well.

I always had a soft spot for the Chargers. Until ASU moved up, they were the only program in the south. Alabama-Huntsville is a very small school compared to some of the other behemoths down south, so I always thought their program was endearing. Just not enough fan/monetary support it seems.
                              Unfortunately this is very much a different situation. The nWCHA threw UAH a lifeline when they decided that they needed a tenth team. This time the nCCHA decided to stay at seven or wait for St Thomas. It also pretty much ends WCHA Men's hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Unfortunately this is very much a different situation. The nWCHA threw UAH a lifeline when they decided that they needed a tenth team. This time the nCCHA decided to stay at seven or wait for St Thomas. It also pretty much ends WCHA Men's hockey.
                                There's already a grassroots effort to revive it that's gaining some steam, but I don't think it will work without a few really large donors:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/uah-hocke...radition-alive

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X