Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

Maybe you're thinking of another conference? I don't see any mention of those other teams here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Conference
    SOU are affiliate members for football. They were in the Columbia Conference when CWU was there and the same division when CWU tied for the NAIA championship. I didn't realize that Humboldt State was also a member. SOU an EOU are the only state universities that haven't competed in Football in the GNAC and minus Humboldt State all the final Universities in it are currently in the GNAC although WWU no longer competes in football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columb...ll_Association

The private schools split off because the state schools started to dominate and it led to CWU, WWU, and WOU all joining D2 with no one nearby willing to play them. This all happened when I was a student at CWU.
    Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 07-31-2020, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I don't get that picture. You've got the guy with the Clemson Tigers logo and the gal he's with has the South Carolina Gamecocks logo. But the other gal has what looks like the North Carolina Tar Heels colors over an outline of the state of South Carolina. Huh? What does North Carolina have to do with a SEC silo schedule?
      I don't get the picture either. The blue "C" is for The Citadel.

Comment

I don't get that picture. You've got the guy with the Clemson Tigers logo and the gal he's with has the South Carolina Gamecocks logo. But the other gal has what looks like the North Carolina Tar Heels colors over an outline of the state of South Carolina. Huh? What does North Carolina have to do with a SEC silo schedule?

Comment

• Thank you. I appreciate it.

Comment

• More MLB players testing positive for Covid-19, with the Cardinals being the latest team hit by the virus.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...acted-schedule
            Last edited by crixus; 08-01-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Thank you for taking care of that for me. I was combining wheat last night and didn't see it until this morning!

Comment

• All the BCS conference commissioners should just get together and push a college football season to the spring. In doing so, they could try to get all the schools to honor the non-conference commitments. Also, have a postseason like they normally would. They could start a normal 14 week (12 games plus 2 byes) season starting on Sat Jan 9th and finishing on Sat April 10th. Conference championship games can go on Sat April 17th. BCS playoffs can go in May after academic finals. I don't see this being an issue as the college baseball season normally extends past the academic school year.

All lower level leagues (FCS, D2, D3, NAIA, JUCO) can do something similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                  All the BCS conference commissioners should just get together and push a college football season to the spring. In doing so, they could try to get all the schools to honor the non-conference commitments. Also, have a postseason like they normally would. They could start a normal 14 week (12 games plus 2 byes) season starting on Sat Jan 9th and finishing on Sat April 10th. Conference championship games can go on Sat April 17th. BCS playoffs can go in May after academic finals. I don't see this being an issue as the college baseball season normally extends past the academic school year.

All lower level leagues (FCS, D2, D3, NAIA, JUCO) can do something similar.
                  Outside football in January and February- even March in much of the north?

Yes, I find that being an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I could see a spring schedule more likely, but would love to see that with football in the snow! If the GNAC were to do spring football like the Frontier Conference, I know there could be an issue with snow as it can even snow in April in Ellensburg.

Comment

Only if a Canadien Arctic blast would I see this being an issue. But, if one comes, they can easily get creative. They can move a game to a neutral site (easy if there's no fans anyway), such as a more southern climate, or to a Friday or Thursday night at a dome, possibly even utilizing FCS domes if FBS facilities are unavailable. For example during an Canadien arctic blast, Vikings home stadium, U North Dakota, North Dakota State, and U South Dakota could host U of Minnesota Gophers, NSIC and other area conference schools. Each indoor facility could host 3 games on each day of Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Otherwise, if the temp is above 10, (or wind child above 0) then toughen up and bear it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Only if a Canadien Arctic blast would I see this being an issue. But, if one comes, they can easily get creative. They can move a game to a neutral site (easy if there's no fans anyway), such as a more southern climate, or to a Friday or Thursday night at a dome, possibly even utilizing FCS domes if FBS facilities are unavailable. For example during an Canadien arctic blast, Vikings home stadium, U North Dakota, North Dakota State, and U South Dakota could host U of Minnesota Gophers, NSIC and other area conference schools. Each indoor facility could host 3 games on each day of Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Otherwise, if the temp is above 10, (or wind child above 0) then toughen up and bear it.
                        We're fine with that in Mankato, but......

Ask Tarleton how they liked it, then ask Valdosta State or West Florida how they would like to play in that weather,

Comment

• Originally posted by iwearpurple View Post

Ask Tarleton how they liked it, then ask Valdosta State or West Florida how they would like to play in that weather,
                          Or TAMCU about Ellensburg in November, although they did win there in OT. One November when I went to CWU we got 1.5+ feet of snow dumped on us overnight sometime after 1:00 am.

Comment

• Originally posted by iwearpurple View Post

Tarleton said that it wouldn't make any difference before the game. They didn't say that after the game. Valdosta was lucky- not to win the game, they deserved that- but that the game wasn't one day later. 18 1/2 inches of snow and I couldn't get out of my driveway.

It isn't just the weather, it is the travel. Imagine Minot driving to Winona in a whiteout and having to play on a Sunday. Oh wait- that happened already!!!

Comment

Tarleton said that it wouldn't make any difference before the game. They didn't say that after the game. Valdosta was lucky- not to win the game, they deserved that- but that the game wasn't one day later. 18 1/2 inches of snow and I couldn't get out of my driveway.

It isn't just the weather, it is the travel. Imagine Minot driving to Winona in a whiteout and having to play on a Sunday. Oh wait- that happened already!!!
                              Here in San Diego the term whiteout has a completely different meaning. :D

Last edited by crixus; 08-02-2020, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Here in San Diego the term whiteout has a completely different meaning. :D
                                I much prefer your version! And the season for that is year round!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X