Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post

It doesn't matter if you are pro or anti mask. The question to ask is who is playing HS sports about- the players or the fans? No one is making you come to watch- stay home if you can't follow the rules. Grow up and let them play!
    Uh, both? I bet most players of any sport LOVE fans watching them participate. And when it's a son or daughter, I know many a participant want the parent to be there. True, we all know the outlier parent for behavior, but I think you'd agree that they are the exception.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Uh, both? I bet most players of any sport LOVE fans watching them participate. And when it's a son or daughter, I know many a participant want the parent to be there. True, we all know the outlier parent for behavior, but I think you'd agree that they are the exception.
      I loved playing sports and had great relationships with both my parents who both enjoyed sports and encouraged my participation (both were HS athletes). I never played for them, I played for the competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I never once worried about my Dad embarrassing me at an athletic venue. People breaking rules to try to prove a point or be defiant enough to cause the game to stop is something he would never have done- and they shouldn't either. The point isn't having parents there- it is having them behave. If they were swearing at the officials or going onto the field that wouldn't be allowed either. We expect students to follow the rules of the game- parents and fans can do the same. And I am not some big mask supporter- but if that is the rule, or they don't play- I'll follow the rule.

Comment

• My point is that in sports, it's more than just the athletes. Maybe I was reading too much into the comment about "who is playing sports about." But for me, it's more than just the participants. Yes, spectators do matter. Not saying that I condone bad behavior in any sense. That isn't my point. My point is that yes, the sport goes beyond the lines. Always has, always will. Mankind has watched sporting events for centuries.

Comment

I never once worried about my Dad embarrassing me at an athletic venue. People breaking rules to try to prove a point or be defiant enough to cause the game to stop is something he would never have done- and they shouldn't either. The point isn't having parents there- it is having them behave. If they were swearing at the officials or going onto the field that wouldn't be allowed either. We expect students to follow the rules of the game- parents and fans can do the same. And I am not some big mask supporter- but if that is the rule, or they don't play- I'll follow the rule.
            I agree with you. Students are expected to follow the rules and so should their parents when attending student based events like sports. No double standards!!!

Comment

• NFL puts 10 teams on hold due to Covid-19 testing efficacy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...new-jersey-lab

Comment

• TCU QB diagnosed with heart condition after Covid-19 testing.

https://247sports.com/Article/TCU-Ho...son-150609274/

Comment

• North Dakota State to play one fall game to showcase their QB.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...one-fall-game/

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
                    North Dakota State to play one fall game to showcase their QB.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...one-fall-game/
                    I just came here to post this. I'll be tuning in - Trey is a phenomenal player.

He's easily the second best quarterback to ever call Matke Field home.

Comment

• Big Ten considering multiple domed stadiums as sites for potential winter college football season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...otball-season/

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I just came here to post this. I'll be tuning in - Trey is a phenomenal player.

He's easily the second best quarterback to ever call Matke Field home.
                        Jeff Loots?

Comment

Jeff Loots?
                          Nick Arvay

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Nick Arvay
                            Blake Gimbel.

Talk about a dual threat QB. Not only can he rain passes down in the endzone, he can also put the ball through the upright.

No disrespect to Trey Lance but he was never a Harlon Hill finalist, nor does he rank on NDSU's leaderboard for total punt yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Blake Gimbel.

Talk about a dual threat QB. Not only can he rain passes down in the endzone, he can also put the ball through the upright.

No disrespect to Trey Lance but he was never a Harlon Hill finalist, nor does he rank on NDSU's leaderboard for total punt yards.
                              Oof. Tough crowd. Second swing and a miss this month on the board, haha.

I've noticed this odd dynamic between Trey and SMSU. Obviously, he has a lot of connection to the school and did technically play "at" SMSU. He's been name dropped in a few university releases as well. Part of it simply is the small town dynamic - but I've wondered if the Mustangs aren't trying to get in on a little bit of his hype. I mean, every time ESPN plays footage of a home game - we'll see the Mustang logo...

Anyway - back on topic, things seem to have really quieted down. First we had a small rush of college closures, then a large rush of program cancellations, then all the conference drama - followed up by another small group of program cancellations. Kinda odd how there hasn't been much movement in the last couple weeks.

Comment

• MLB considering a bubble for the playoffs. To me this makes more sense also on the weather side of things as they are talking Dallas/Houston and LA/San Diego for the sites (although why not just LA with two teams there?) I wouldn't want the World Series canceled like some April M's games in Minnesota and Cleveland due to snow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X