Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post
    Delaware has reversed course. Looks like Colorado did too.

There probably should be a little circle around Omaha, as their high schools are not playing football this fall even though the rest of Nebraska is.

Comment

I just saw that the Gophers are dropping those men's sports. I know the men's gymnastics coach- great guy. I think this puts the number of D1 men's teams in that sport at a dozen left. Iowa had dropped recently.

Comment

• MLB playoff bubble is now set, pending approval by the players association.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...ns-per-report/
        Last edited by crixus; 09-12-2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• The Virginia vs VA Tech (Sept. 19th game) was just postponed due to Covid-19 issues.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ues-blacksburg

Comment

• The GSC said no football until at least Jan. 1. What do y'all think a spring football season would look like? Do you think college athletics will just call the season a wash all together or actually try to play a spring season? Pros and cons of having a spring season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shugley View Post
              The GSC said no football until at least Jan. 1. What do y'all think a spring football season would look like? Do you think college athletics will just call the season a wash all together or actually try to play a spring season? Pros and cons of having a spring season.
              Other than the timing and probably limited audience, football in the GSC, CIAA, SIAC and SAC seems very doable. MEC, GMAC, GNAC, PSAC, LSC, GLVC and MIAA probably would be good with some tough spots. GLIAC, NE10, RMAC and NSIC look to be problematic. This only speaks to playing conditions and not at all with institutional issues including, of course, responses to C19. Time will tell.

Comment

• in the 15 - 24 age group - HS and College age athletes - the CDC tells us there have been just 315 Covid related deaths nationwide of 20,000 total deaths in that age group as of 9/9/2020 - so that's 315 deaths that involved Covid, not necessarily from Covid - there are approximately 44 Million in that age group - assuming they all died because of Covid that equates to 0.000716% - the latest data for influenza are from 2013-2014 season - for this same age group 15 - 24 there were 48 influenza deaths and 447 pneumonia deaths, or 495 deaths due to flu and pneumonia - since the number of cases means nothing and only the death rate means anything, why are you concerned with the number of cases? - there are millions of influenza and pneumonia cases every year yet no concern, why now with covid that we now know is not much different for this age group - in fact several top epidemiologists tell us that for this age group, under 24, influenza is far more deadly - should sports be stopped? thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                  in the 15 - 24 age group - HS and College age athletes - the CDC tells us there have been just 315 Covid related deaths nationwide of 20,000 total deaths in that age group as of 9/9/2020 - so that's 315 deaths that involved Covid, not necessarily from Covid - there are approximately 44 Million in that age group - assuming they all died because of Covid that equates to 0.000716% - the latest data for influenza are from 2013-2014 season - for this same age group 15 - 24 there were 48 influenza deaths and 447 pneumonia deaths, or 495 deaths due to flu and pneumonia - since the number of cases means nothing and only the death rate means anything, why are you concerned with the number of cases? - there are millions of influenza and pneumonia cases every year yet no concern, why now with covid that we now know is not much different for this age group - in fact several top epidemiologists tell us that for this age group, under 24, influenza is far more deadly - should sports be stopped? thoughts
                  Cool....if they live in TOTAL ISOLATION which they don't. Read the story of Typhoid Mary to understand the larger significance of asymptomatic spread. Large #s of deaths actually help to some degree because they eliminate carriers. So touting low death rates in the 15-24 age group is very possibly counter productive. But by all means PARTY ON !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                    in the 15 - 24 age group - HS and College age athletes - the CDC tells us there have been just 315 Covid related deaths nationwide of 20,000 total deaths in that age group as of 9/9/2020 - so that's 315 deaths that involved Covid, not necessarily from Covid - there are approximately 44 Million in that age group - assuming they all died because of Covid that equates to 0.000716% - the latest data for influenza are from 2013-2014 season - for this same age group 15 - 24 there were 48 influenza deaths and 447 pneumonia deaths, or 495 deaths due to flu and pneumonia - since the number of cases means nothing and only the death rate means anything, why are you concerned with the number of cases? - there are millions of influenza and pneumonia cases every year yet no concern, why now with covid that we now know is not much different for this age group - in fact several top epidemiologists tell us that for this age group, under 24, influenza is far more deadly - should sports be stopped? thoughts
                    And don't forget Iowa's men's basketball coach coached in the B1G tournament with Influenza!

Comment

I just saw that the Gophers are dropping those men's sports. I know the men's gymnastics coach- great guy. I think this puts the number of D1 men's teams in that sport at a dozen left. Iowa had dropped recently.
                      Burns was the first guy I thought of. He is an amazing person.

He was at the SMSU/Gophers basketball game last year and sat across the arena from me - I thought it would be funny to tweet him to see his reaction, and it was totally worth it. He made me stand up and wave, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSICFan1 View Post

colorado is still out til spring. Vote yesterday shot down fall possibility

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status...69712933711872

Comment

• Comment

• Big 10 to announce they are returning to football in 3 weeks. Yes, football is here and we are having football in the fall. Enjoy everyone!

Comment

• Most of the LSU football team has contracted the Covid-19 virus say's Coach Orgeron.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ed-coronavirus

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X