Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes one wonder if Dixie State and Tarleton State will survive the transition to Div.1.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I think they should go D2 along with about 20 other schools- actually probably more.
      80-100

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

80-100
        I like your number even better. 358 teams at the D1 level is too many. With so many bleeding money and hoping to get basketball money they need to bite the bullet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
          Makes one wonder if Dixie State and Tarleton State will survive the transition to Div.1.
          Tarleton is bank rolled by the A&M system. TAMUSystem will do what ever it takes $$$ to make it work.

Comment

• I said that I was done with this thread because I was burnt out on all the bad news. Well, I'm back after a respite...with even more bad news. Maybe it's not so bad because I really dislike the Raiders. ;)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-covid-19-list

Comment

• New England women's college hockey league calls off season.

https://www.uscho.com/2020/10/24/cit...hockey-season/

Comment

• FCS Bethune Cookman will not have any sports in 20-21.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/10/26/b...020-21-sports/

Comment

FCS Bethune Cookman will not have any sports in 20-21.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/10/26/b...020-21-sports/
                  That's a big blow. Losing them for one full year might lead to losing them permanently. I hope not.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

That's a big blow. Losing them for one full year might lead to losing them permanently. I hope not.
                    I think that if colleges don't seriously look at their financial and competitive situation this year they never will. There are so many schools that have no business being D1 who should either go D2, D3 or NAIA. Chicago State is a great example.

Comment

I think that if colleges don't seriously look at their financial and competitive situation this year they never will. There are so many schools that have no business being D1 who should either go D2, D3 or NAIA. Chicago State is a great example.
                      Probably a handful of FBS schools that should be FCS as well. It'd be nice if D2 had more teams in the west coast (as we all know by now).

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Probably a handful of FBS schools that should be FCS as well. It'd be nice if D2 had more teams in the west coast (as we all know by now).
                        And Florida with FB !!

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

This could very well put the nail in the coffin for BCU's athletics. Unless the SWAC is going to bail them out for the 2021 season they may have to cancel sports permanently they weren't in the best financial situation prior to the pandemic to begin with.

Comment

• D3 Martin Luther College in New Ulm MN is less than 40 miles from me. They have called off sports and are sending students back home until at least Jan 25.

https://www.nujournal.com/news/local...students-home/

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Fortunately one saw that recently and did move down. Idaho moved down to FCS and the Big Sky before the pandemic. I agree that more should follow that example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Fortunately one saw that recently and did move down. Idaho moved down to FCS and the Big Sky before the pandemic. I agree that more should follow that example.
                                I think many FCS schools will look to shed cost and either drop football or move down to the FCS level. Many FCS programs will face the decision do we keep football just to receive a shot at the NCAA BB tournament and the money/exposure the years we make the big dance as a #14, 15, 16 seed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X