Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I played football in junior college. We lost two games in two years. I was a tight end and never caught a pass in a game. We led the nation in rushing my freshman year. I hardly ever caught a pass in a practice scrimmage.

Anyway, one of my big regrets is that I didn't also run track there. My brother did and was track captain there. I was captain in HS.
    Not to worry my friend, I ran track at that level for you. I got one offer from one JUCO and jumped at it. I was going to try to be a walk on at San Jose State after that but Title IX killed the program. I probably wouldn't have made the cut, but I was ready to give it a shot. Oh well, such is life. On a good note, San Jose State brought Men's Track & Field back two years ago after a 39 years hiatus They were NCAA National Champions back in 1969 and known as Speed City, long before my time.

Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
      North Texas vs LA Tech game postponed due to you know what.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-tech-bulldogs
      tech issues @#$&$+

Comment

• Army vs Air Force postponed due to Covid-19.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...19/6180429002/

Comment

• Minnesota- The Chisago Lakes school board, with more than 300 people virtually listening in, voted unanimously to discontinue fall sports after the 1,100-student school moved back to distance learning as COVID cases soar. Winter sports are also on hold until January

Comment

• Raiders Jon Gruden fined and the team will lose a draft pick for repeated Covid-19 violations and acting like the usual Raiders (morons).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-19-violations

Comment

• Arizona at Utah cancelled. Covid Utes.

Comment

Not to worry my friend, I ran track at that level for you. I got one offer from one JUCO and jumped at it. I was going to try to be a walk on at San Jose State after that but Title IX killed the program. I probably wouldn't have made the cut, but I was ready to give it a shot. Oh well, such is life. On a good note, San Jose State brought Men's Track & Field back two years ago after a 39 years hiatus They were NCAA National Champions back in 1969 and known as Speed City, long before my time.

So many former powerhouses have scaled back or outright cut their men's track programs to balance out the title IX and budgetary nightmare that is an average football team. The MAC used to be a regular on the XC podium but now it's dominated by teams like Oregon and Wisconsin (big, storied programs) and NAU (Mid-major FCS school that found their niche).

Comment

Not to worry my friend, I ran track at that level for you. I got one offer from one JUCO and jumped at it.]
                  Now Ridgewater has dropped both football and track (permanently) and as I posted before- all sports for this year. Cuts down on my trips to campus.

Comment

• The D I Football Oversight Committee has approved a recommendation that FCS teams must play a minimum of four games to be considered for at-large selection into the NCAA tournament bracket.

The 2020 FCS championship was moved to the spring, and the bracket will consist of 16 teams. Five of the teams will be at-large selections by the committee. The four-game minimum is also 50% of the maximum of eight allowed to be played during the spring of 2021.

This does not apply to a conference's auto qualifier. A conference remains eligible for automatic qualification in 2020-21 if it has at least three teams playing against one another other during the regular season.

Comment

John Carlos, Tommie Smith, Lee Evans....Speed City indeed.

School records include a 9.9 100m, 19.8 200m, and 43.86 for 400m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

John Carlos, Tommie Smith, Lee Evans....Speed City indeed.

School records include a 9.9 100m, 19.8 200m, and 43.86 for 400m.
                        Right on all counts and those times are from back in the late 1960's. You know your Olympians!
                        Last edited by crixus; 11-07-2020, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Now Ridgewater has dropped both football and track (permanently) and as I posted before- all sports for this year. Cuts down on my trips to campus.
                          The JUCO I ran at (Palomar College) dropped Men's track & field due to Title IX. It killed a lot of Men's Track & Field programs at all levels. But it never came back at Palomar like it did at San Jose State. Sorry for your loss, and I mean that.

Comment

• Utah State isn't waiting to knock this domino down.

https://footballscoop.com/news/repor...gary-andersen/

Comment

• I absolutely love football, regardless of level, but Clemson cutting Men's T&F and XC was disheartening. But this is what happens when you worship at the alter of football and basketball and the almighty dollar to the detriment of all else. If things were "normal" this year, those programs wouldn't be cut because Clemson would be raking in the $$$. But fewer dollars have come in and Clemson made their economic decision. Women's sports (Title X) won't be touched until things are dire, and Clemson is nowhere close to this point. A friend of mine wondered why men's golf and tennis weren't cut instead -- scholarships and coaches were my response.

Comment

Utah State isn't waiting to knock this domino down.

https://footballscoop.com/news/repor...gary-andersen/
                                If you're ever in Logan, Utah check out the Utah State University campus. They've got a big graveyard right in the middle of campus. It's very creepy, especially for a state run school. But then again Utah's a very weird state.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X